National Treasure:Book of secrets

Currently on council tv.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Shazam.

One of the DC variety of super heroes, friday night is movie night so I grabbed the DVD expecting to find it a medium level film judging by some of the DC Universe releases in the past. Nope, I was pleasantly surprised, the Mrs commented that she quite enjoyed, and the kids sat still watching it apart from the expected ice cream break halfway through. It was comic book, funny and made oi larf for a couple of hours.

I had a quick google and it has been popular enough for them to firm up plans for a Shazam 2 and a run along the side film about Shazams mortal enemy. The two threads to be bought together in Shazam 3. Oh yeah, the bad guy is called 'Black Adam' and will be played by Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson. I think with the whole presentation and approach that the DC people have learned some lessons from the Marvel people in how a super hero film needs to be made.

A solid 4 out of 5, if not perhaps even a 4.5.
I totally agree. A most amusing film, and good performance by the lead. Not at all what I expected but was enjoyed thoroughly.

Just watched a decent combat fillum.
Google threw up a soundtrack I hadn't heard before, Heroes by Peter Gabriel as the title for a 2013 movie, 'Lone Survivor', based on real life events.
I had not seen the movie so sought it out in the usual places.
Starring Mark Wahlberg.
It's about US Navy Seals on Ops in Afghanistan and can't believe I missed it.
Recommended. Particularly the ending credits.....dusty.

Having worked with a few ex Seals in my last job, it just confirms what nutters they are.

Tyk

LE
The Wrecking Crew - Really interesting movie length documentary with lots of interviews about the group of session musicians that recorded the music for a shockingly large number of the best known songs from the 1960's and 1970's. Surprising how many of the great bands didn't actually record their own music back then.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Just watched one of my all time favourite films.
The day of the Jackal with Edward Fox. I love that film, the acting, the directing, everything about it is great.

I thought he was bound to get De Gaul tonight and I now know where he went wrong. He didn’t have a back up weapon to nail that pesky Deputy Commissioner. Next time, next time...

Last edited:

Bollox

War Hero
Plunkett and MacLean, an 18th century crime movie about a pair who team up to become the most wanted highwaymen in the country.
A damm good watch to be honest with a modern soundtrack and sense of humour I thoroughly enjoyed it.

NSP

LE
Plunkett and MacLean, an 18th century crime movie about a pair who team up to become the most wanted highwaymen in the country.
A damn good watch to be honest with a modern soundtrack and sense of humour I thoroughly enjoyed it.
The inclusion of a somewhat apposite Tiger Lillies number was a stroke of genius.

Oh, and it's got Liv Tyler in it, in plunging necklines.

'Shazam'
Biit wet but a really funny remake of 'Big' with Tom Hanks.
Funny and a good feel good movie with some good fx.

Are you sniffing glue?
Captain Marvel/Shazam 1939
Big 1988

Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.

Not much of a film watcher, but this is pretty good. Must be the cream of British actors.

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk

Just watched The 12th Man because of the recommendations on here. Glad I did, it was excellent. Not fast paced, but very tense. I hadn't heard of the story before but now I want to find out more; it's quite remarkable and really brings to life the incredible risks that people took to help Jan, the 12th man. A very solid 9/10.
I think there's a book called We Die Alone covering the story.
I'm reading Natural Born Heroes and it gets a mention.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Just finished ''The Walking dead'' series 1,actually quite good.:rolleyes:
Something really bugged me though,what was a Chieftain tank doing in the middle of downtown Atlanta?:?
Worse still what were two of them doing in front of the secret lab?:?
Why was the interior of the Chieftain actually the interior of a M109?:?
I am very confused,the wife said nobody actually cares and i shouldn't bother,but i do.:oops:
Anwers on a postcard etc etc...............................;)

Latest Threads