What film have you just watched?

Idly flicking through the TV channels and stumbled across ‘Battle if the Bulge.’

I had forgotten just how utterly sh1t it is.

I had remembered the Tigers that weren’t Tigers and the Sherman’s that weren’t Sherman’s.

I had forgotten Telly Savalas as prototype Rambo trying to fight tanks with a 50 cal from his newly created Sherman cabriolet.

And the terrible dialogue.

And the spotter plane stumbling across the Panzers in blanket fog.

And the fact that the Ardennes in winter looked suspiciously free if both snow and trees.

And a fuel barrel rolling into a tank causing it to explode.

Properly bad, not just bad but go with it like other war films.

Idly flicking through the TV channels and stumbled across ‘Battle if the Bulge.’

I had remembered the Tigers that weren’t Tigers and the Sherman’s that weren’t Sherman’s.

I had forgotten Telly Savalas as prototype Rambo trying to fight tanks with a 50 cal from his newly created Sherman cabriolet.

And the fact that the Ardennes in winter looked suspiciously free if both snow and trees.

Good panzer song from the Gerry tankers though.

What book is that from? Seems like an interesting read.
My dads, he sent a submission to Pen and Sword but they were not interested so he never published it. He had a few copies run off at a vanity press twenty years ago, just for us. He died last November at 94, and my wife transcribed it onto one of my book templates, as having his name out there would be nice. I am editing it and formatting it now for paper and eBook. Very much a niche read for aviation lovers but a lot of family stuff also included so no sales expected outside the family circle.

My dads, he sent a submission to Pen and Sword but they were not interested so he never published it. He had a few copies run off at a vanity press twenty years ago, just for us. He died last November at 94, and my wife transcribed it onto one of my book templates, as having his name out there would be nice. I am editing it and formatting it now for paper and eBook. Very much a niche read for aviation lovers but a lot of family stuff also included so no sales expected outside the family circle.
Self Publish via amazon or something maybe??

I bet a fair few Arrsers would be curious. No sure a bad book has yet emerged from among the Arrse Tribe. The ones I've read have all be very good :)

Last edited:
Self Publish via amazon or something maybe??

I bet a fair few Arrsers would be curious. No sure a bad book has yet emerged from among the Arrse Tribe. The ones I've read have all be very good :)
I will self publish it through Amazon and whizz a copy off to @Auld-Yin to review, but he is a tad pi**ed off I haven't finished writing my own latest (over a year late).

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I will self publish it through Amazon and whizz a copy off to @Auld-Yin to review, but he is a tad pi**ed off I haven't finished writing my own latest (over a year late).
I await with baited breath!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

It’s so bad it’s good.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
No, chap: it's so bad that it's howling.
Oh come now, it’s a Saturday afternoon film not to be taken seriously, something to just pass the time when it’s raining and there is nothing to do.:mrgreen:

Watched Shazam last night with the missus. Latest film from the DC Universe. It was actually very good. Didn't take itself too seriously like some superhero movies, and certainly gave the missus and myself a few laugh out loud moments.

Operation Finale on Netflix
The true story of the kidnap of Adolf Eichmann from Argentina by Mossad.
The Israelis must have had balls of steel for that.
Some thought provoking dialogue between Eichmann and his captors regarding the rule of law.

Cracking good film.
The books worth a read as well.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Seen that too, and recommend it.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

£6 atm on hamazon. bit of a bargain.

Posted before, but what a film. 13th Man, Norgie film with English subtitles (don't let that cloud your judgement). True story of an SOE operators epic E&E across occupied Norway, pursued by ruthless Nazi hunter force. Brilliant!
Yes, pretty amazing film. Cinematography is excellent, not too bad on the military stuff, and having looked up the back story, something else in minor ops yet is impactful to all concerned.

"44 inch chest" the other night. I don't get it. It wasn't about anything. I wanted to go to bed but I thought I'd watch the last half hour, and still nothing. I googled it to see if there was some point to it I was missing and there isn't. The sole claim to fame seems to be the amount of swearing in it. C word 48 times. F word 162 times. Plot 0.

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile (2019) - IMDb

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2481498/

Watched it last night with the wife, it isn't on UK Netflix so I switched the VPN back to Canada on there it was.

It is a well done film about Ted Bundy (Serial Killer 1970's for the nigs), Violent, Wicked, Evil, Shocking and Brutal, it isn't, it's more about the relationship with his girlfriend during his murder spree and his charisma that caused thousands of women to fall for him. But worth a watch.

Timothy Dalton's first Bond film, "The Living Daylights". Quite good action, some great set pieces, and Maryam D'Abo is hot in an understated fashion. It's also head and shoulders above any film that the Blond B.I.N.O. ever starred in, because I will happily rewatch it again at some point.