What film have you just watched?

Staring Mahershala Ali and fat Aragorn, this was an entertaining, but fairly lightweight look at prejudice suffered by black Americans in the early 1960's Deep South.

A blatant piece of Oscar bait where the admittedly strong performances transcended a fairly weak plot.

A fair few laughs though

3.5/5

Widows

Despite reading 'awesome' reviews of the film I thought it was dull, boring, cliched, and poorly acted dross.

The Mule, with Clint Eastwood.

Bit puzzled as to the reason for making it apart from the original true story premise of the oldest Cartel courier ever busted, but I am going with old white guy gains redemption after failing his family from meeting various people along the way (metaphorically the road he drives). Nice film, bit lightweight in parts, and oddly some of the quality of makeup struck me, could have done more with the scenery, but a nice way to spend a couple of hours.

The Mule, with Clint Eastwood.

Bit puzzled as to the reason for making it apart from the original true story premise of the oldest Cartel courier ever busted, but I am going with old white guy gains redemption after failing his family from meeting various people along the way (metaphorically the road he drives). Nice film, bit lightweight in parts, and oddly some of the quality of makeup struck me, could have done more with the scenery, but a nice way to spend a couple of hours.

He does have a habit of dropping in a bit of frippery here and there. Consider the gym scene in Space Cowboys.

How To Train Your Dragon: Hidden Kingdom

The best film of the series yet.
I thought no.2 was the best personally. Not that it's a bad film, far from it! I'd say it's the second best film I've seen in the last twelve months, ahead of Bohemian Rhapsody (slightly) and behind The Incredibles 2. Also a couple of moments where there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

Staring Mahershala Ali and fat Aragorn, this was an entertaining, but fairly lightweight look at prejudice suffered by black Americans in the early 1960's Deep South.

A blatant piece of Oscar bait where the admittedly strong performances transcended a fairly weak plot.

A fair few laughs though

3.5/5
Any reason why hand holders @HappyNomad or @Oddbod downrated this post?

Accumulating hours of your time downrating a stranger's posts is rather weird

I watched Lone Survivor again recently. I’ve seen the film plenty of times and rate it as a decent war film. The latest viewing inspired me to read the Wikipedia entry about it. The part about the historical accuracy is quite interesting.

I finally watched Kingsman Golden Circle last night. Not a patch on the first. A third might be heading towards shark jumping.

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk
Golden Circle was a huge disappointment. I'm pretty sure that it was a film that was developed during a brain storming meeting, and they put every 'cool' idea in. Instead of sticking to a reasonable central theme and mixing in some neat ideas and smart dialogue as per the first film, they just lurched from one massive set piece to the next. It was fvcking bollox. Too much effort was made to shock and wow the audience.

And even then you couldn't help yourself eh? :applaud::clap::applaud:
Crack on. You seem angry and rather lonely.

If I my pixelated persona gives you something to focus on instead of your despair, then crack on.

I pity you

Latest Threads