What film have you just watched?

'Venom' More Marvel comics stuff. Nothing special but an ok night out.

They must be running out of characters by now. Sgt Rock is still unmined I suppose.
CGI is a bit too obvious in Venom but it's still okay with T.H. The MCU shared universe and Disney have done Marvel to death with shrinking credibility, but it's a massive franchise married with diversity and LGBT. Which is of course absolutely marvellous.

Apparently they've something like 8,000 characters available; enough square jawed roughie-toughie creations to keep strangling the movie industry.

Doctor Strange II will start filming soon, and there's still Wakanda.

Upcoming Superhero Movie Release Dates: From 2018 to 2022

Cold Skin. Think Aliens on a sub-Antartic island weather station with bitey mermen and mermaids, some gratuitous interspecies sex and being set in 1914 some lumpy references to WW1

Binned it but not before I got to ask myself:

Why would a ships captain bellow "Weigh anchor" whilst under way and just arriving at destination?

What is a Brit in such a place doing with a Moisin Nagant?

Who fitted that scope?

Cold Skin - Insel der Kreaturen (2017)

Last edited:
Nocturnal Animals.

Affluent, artworld cnut Amy Adams is sent a manuscript of a novel written by her ex-husband who she perceived as weak. She then wistfully reads through the manuscript reflecting on how unhappy her life is despite her great wealth & high powered position.

The novel is about a family who who get harassed by some red necks ending in the wife & daughter being raped & killed. The husband then tracks down the men responsible with the help of the investigating officer & he gets revenge. . . . . sort of.

The theme of the film is about revenge and his act of sendingnher the manuscript is part of that for her leaving him the way she did.

Utter pretentious dreck that those in the artsy community will be glad handing each other about it's brilliance, but normal people will just hate it.

Nocturnal Animals.

Affluent, artworld cnut Amy Adams is sent a manuscript of a novel written by her ex-husband who she perceived as weak. She then wistfully reads through the manuscript reflecting on how unhappy her life is despite her great wealth & high powered position.

The novel is about a family who who get harassed by some red necks ending in the wife & daughter being raped & killed. The husband then tracks down the men responsible with the help of the investigating officer & he gets revenge. . . . . sort of.

The theme of the film is about revenge and his act of sendingnher the manuscript is part of that for her leaving him the way she did.

Utter pretentious dreck that those in the artsy community will be glad handing each other about it's brilliance, but normal people will just hate it.
You liked it then?

You liked it then?
I forgot to add.

I sat down with a rump steak, parmentier potatoes, mushrooms in a garlice & cream sauce & fine green beans, beautifully accompanied with a nice big glass of vin rouge. I'd been looking forward to this meal all day.

So there I am, sat with this feast in front of me, I take my first delicious mouthful of steak & hit play. The opening scene of the film plays and immediately my appetite flounders and I'm pouring the wine into my eyes.

Clip attached but for the love of Zeus make sure you are completely alone before you run it.

Edited to currect spoelling

Last edited:
Last night on the telly box. Ch 5 I think.

Jack The Giant Slayer.

A reincarnation of the jack and the beanstalk tale with a decent cast and storyline.

Both me and er indoors thoroughly enjoyed it. Great CGI. The giants are quite scary. :threaten:

At the movies, Mr Bean does 007 III, aka Johnny English strikes again.

Good, purile and funny with a large dash of Inspector Clouseau.

First Man

I really liked it - Gosling suited the role well and it managed to inject some suspense into a story we all know the outcome of

Recommended
What's so great about filming a fake landing in a Hollywood film studio, the special effects back in 69 were shite:)
I'm kidding.. I really am.

Suicide Squad
DC universe stuff this time. Not bad a film tbh, has family friendly echoes of Watchmen which i think is fantastic.
Margot Robbie, being very fit aside is going to be a force to be reckoned with in female roles. She's a huge talent.

CGI is a bit too obvious in Venom but it's still okay with T.H. The MCU shared universe and Disney have done Marvel to death with shrinking credibility, but it's a massive franchise married with diversity and LGBT. Which is of course absolutely marvellous.

Apparently they've something like 8,000 characters available; enough square jawed roughie-toughie creations to keep strangling the movie industry.

Doctor Strange II will start filming soon, and there's still Wakanda.

Upcoming Superhero Movie Release Dates: From 2018 to 2022
Daughter is a mega marvel Universe fan and is looking to get a job with them post-graduation - she already has a couple of mates there. The point of the post: 8000 characters, maybe, but I do know through my informant that they already have over 20 years worth of films scheduled and in various stages of planning and pre-production. 20 years ain't too long if you think back to Iron Man having been released 10 years ago now............who'd have thought it would still be going now!

July 22 on Netflix about the Anders Brevik terror attacks. Brutal but very well made film. If it’s vaguely accurate Brevik comes across as a massively smug **** and I’ve massive respect for the Norwegian police for the fact they didn’t try to push his face through the nearest wall.
Saw that myself last week on Netflix enjoyed it as well. A slight disappointment with the Island attack though which was cut way too short but maybe because the day before I had watched 'Utoya July 22nd' which is a Norwegian film, albeit with brutal English sub-titles, which is just about the Island attack in real time. If I could be arsed, and I might at some point, I would like to splice parts of the Utoya film into the Greengrass film and re-watch it.

Last edited:
I forgot to add.

I sat down with a rump steak, parmentier potatoes, mushrooms in a garlice & cream sauce & fine green beans, beautifully accompanied with a nice big glass of vin rouge. I'd been looking forward to this meal all day.

So there I am, sat with this feast in front of me, I take my first delicious mouthful of steak & hit play. The opening scene of the film plays and immediately my appetite flounders and I'm pouring the wine into my eyes.

Clip attached but for the love of Zeus make sure you are completely alone before you run it.

Edited to currect spoelling
14355696_10154497352432487_6810883419400489965_n.jpg

Over two nights I have watched “ Lawrence of Arabia “ ... as I have posted on this forum before I read the abridged version of “ Seven Pillars of Wisdom “ at school in the 1950’s .... not impressed at the time with having to do chapter précis and character analysis work but looking back all good tasks to set pupils to develop skills for use later in life .

Regardless of any historical , political or military inaccuracies it is an incredible film ... superb actors , dialogue , musical score and plot but the main star just has to be the panoramic images captured with skilful camera work ... and of course made long before CGI .

In the 60’s I took the opportunity to visit Lawrence’s cottage and remember it as being quite small , spartan and the key feature in what must have been his main room a huge leather day bed on which he would recline .... or so I was told by a very old lady , present in the cottage , who I got the impression could well have been his housekeeper / cleaner when he lived there .

Just a taster which does not do full justice ...

Last edited:
1967 classic Robbery with Stanley Baker on DVD. It is now in proper format, has a 2nd disc with extras and a little booklet explaining the making of the film.
Starts with a car very good chase through London in a couple of Mk2 Jags that so impressed Steve McQueen he asked director Peter Yates to direct Bullitt the following year.

The MCU shared universe and Disney have done Marvel to death with shrinking credibility, but it's a massive franchise married with diversity and LGBT. Which is of course absolutely marvellous.
Sorry point me to the LGBT bits in the MCU, Diversity? One film with main character Black, one TV series with main character Black.
One woman centered film to come soon and one TV show with a female lead.

As to @Chef and Sgt.Rock. That's a DC character.

Jet Storm [1959] on Talking Pictures TV last night.

Stunning cast including Richard Attenborough and Stanley Baker

Richard Attenborough as Ernest Tilley
Stanley Baker as Capt. Bardow
Hermione Baddeley as Mrs. Satterly
Bernard Braden as Otis Randolf
Diane Cilento as Agelica Como
David Kossoff as Dr. Bergstein
Virginia Maskell as Pam Leyton
Harry Secombe as Binky Meadows
Dame Sybil Thorndike as Emma Morgan
Mai Zetterling as Carol Tilley
Marty Wilde as Billy Forrester
Patrick Allen as Mulliner
Megs Jenkins as Rose Brock
Paul Eddington as Victor Tracer
Glyn Houston as 'Michaels

Somewhat oddly, the airliner shown was a Russian Tupolev Tu-104 which is quite distinctive.

The film is a bit contrived but some good performances as you would expect given the cast. Attenborough puts in a good shift and is suitably convincing as the bomber. Worth watching as a period piece.

Jet Storm [1959] on Talking Pictures TV last night.

Stunning cast including Richard Attenborough and Stanley Baker

Richard Attenborough as Ernest Tilley
Stanley Baker as Capt. Bardow
Hermione Baddeley as Mrs. Satterly
Bernard Braden as Otis Randolf
Diane Cilento as Agelica Como
David Kossoff as Dr. Bergstein
Virginia Maskell as Pam Leyton
Harry Secombe as Binky Meadows
Dame Sybil Thorndike as Emma Morgan
Mai Zetterling as Carol Tilley
Marty Wilde as Billy Forrester
Patrick Allen as Mulliner
Megs Jenkins as Rose Brock
Paul Eddington as Victor Tracer
Glyn Houston as 'Michaels

Somewhat oddly, the airliner shown was a Russian Tupolev Tu-104 which is quite distinctive.

The film is a bit contrived but some good performances as you would expect given the cast. Attenborough puts in a good shift and is suitably convincing as the bomber. Worth watching as a period piece.
I believe it is going to be repeated 21 Oct at 1.15 pm .... a film I have never heard of but looks like a " who's who " of " stars " of that era .... must try and watch .

Sorry point me to the LGBT bits in the MCU, Diversity? One film with main character Black, one TV series with main character Black.
One woman centered film to come soon and one TV show with a female lead.

As to @Chef and Sgt.Rock. That's a DC character.
Marvel Cinematic Universe will soon have openly LGBT characters, promises Kevin Feige [Marvel Exec].

Reported this year that Feige intends to bring in LGBTQ characters; "we should expect to finally see a LGBTQ character in the MCU within the decade".

YW.