What film have you just watched?

Mission Impossible 6 (I think). The latest one.

So, one of the rare situations when (a) the movie is better than the trailer (b) the movie is better than what came before (actually it’s probably the third best in the series after 2 and 1), (c) some scenes in the trailer ARE NOT in the movie

It’s a long movie, about three hours, so take snacks and refreshments, but it’s a good movie and original and well made and Simon Pegg isn’t too annoying. Thoroughly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, lets not Fallout over it.

Terminal. A sort of noir, gangster thriller type thing where a few disparate stories are intertwined with a lot of "Alice in wonderland" references. Or something.

To be honest it turned a mild headache into a migraine so I dipped out after about 30 minutes and went to bed with my head pounding.
I asked the missus how it went & she said "The dog woke me up just before the end by nibbling my toes."

Seemed a bit style over substance with fcuk awful colours, but if you like to see Margot Robbie as a lap dancer or cockerney Diner waitress then you'll love it.

I'm puzled by this @Andy Farman . Have I fallen short in some way?
No mate, the writer did a good job if you liked the character
I'm puzled by this @Andy Farman . Have I fallen short in some way?
No mate, the writer did a good job if you liked Chandlers character.
I always found his acting very wooden, but my granny would put her make-up on if one of his films was on the box :D That was why the studios liked him, I suppose, the heart-throb factor ;)

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
No mate, the writer did a good job if you liked the character

No mate, the writer did a good job if you liked Chandlers character.
I always found his acting very wooden, but my granny would put her make-up on if one of his films was on the box :D That was why the studios liked him, I suppose, the heart-throb factor ;)
He was, I fear, one of the Californian Redwoods when it came to acting but as you say, he filled a role in that era. I quite enjoyed his films but then I was quite young.
This -; took me by surprise. He was actually quite good.

On Chesil Beach

Your mum would like it

Thats about all I can say about it really

Last edited:
The Death of Stalin - It's received favourable reviews here so I saved it for a night in with the missus. Absolutely hilarious from start to finish. I love that nobody was attempting a cod-Russian accent and instead, for the most part used there own voices. Not a duff performance from anyone but Steve Buscemi as Kruschev wins it for me with Jason Isaacs as Zhukov, leader of t'Red Armeh ran a close second. Sublime satire.

Antman & the Wasp - At last a Marvel film that can make a decent sequel after an excellent first offering, take note Deadpool. Just as enjoyable as the first outing, the humour didn't fall flat and the momentum continued at a breakneck pace throughout.

Say down feet up popcorn to hand for
The Maggie
No swear words nude scene or coarseness
A classic albeit the yank saves the puffer

Say down feet up popcorn to hand for
The Maggie
No swear words nude scene or coarseness
A classic albeit the yank saves the puffer
Send key setting over.
I'm sure that makes perfect sense in your head,me I got nuffin'.

'The Enemy Below' 1957

Great photography, not so great modeltronics, but easily forgiven.
Good characters portrayed by Curd Jürgens and Robert Mitcham as the main protagonists, but 'Captain Murrell's' shoulder shrugging and blase' recounting of how he watched his newlywed wife died after their ship had been torpedoed did not sound realistic.
Lots of real footage of depth charges being loosed off and the sea being flung skywards. A convincing hide and seek plot with details that sounded as if they may be authentic sub-hunting tricks.
Submariners with bronzed tans??? not believable but also forgivable.
Curd Jürgens, 'Kapitan Von Stolberg', is an anti-Nazi, as was Jürgens himself. Jürgens was sent to a concentration camp in 1944 for being politically unreliable.

Not an epic war movie but certainly an enjoyable one.

Skyscraper with Deeerwayne Johnson a rip off of Dir Hard, Towering inferno and every otherTower block burning that has been. Totally far fetched and a load of bollocks.
It doesn't matter

'The Enemy Below' 1957

Good characters portrayed by Curd Jürgens and Robert Mitcham as the main protagonists, but 'Captain Murrell's' shoulder shrugging and blase' recounting of how he watched his newlywed wife died after their ship had been torpedoed did not sound realistic.
Lots of real footage of depth charges being loosed off and the sea being flung skywards. A convincing hide and seek plot with details that sounded as if they may be authentic sub-hunting tricks.
Curd Jürgens, 'Kapitan Von Stolberg', is an anti-Nazi, as was Jürgens himself. Jürgens was sent to a concentration camp in 1944 for being politically unreliable.

How odd ... I downloaded a radio version based on the book by D A Rayner as an audio file a few months ago .... originally broadcast by the BBC in 1963 .... and listening using the mind's eye on a late Summers night with a few glasses on board it is still a riveting version ... and of course we win .

'The Enemy Below' 1957

I used to like watching Curt Jurgens work when I was a street urchin and a yoof living in Germany. He did lots of German language only stuff and dipped into Hollywood for the bigger paychecks.

How odd ... I downloaded a radio version based on the book by D A Rayner as an audio file a few months ago .... originally broadcast by the BBC in 1963 .... and listening using the mind's eye on a late Summers night with a few glasses on board it is still a riveting version ... and of course we win .
Link please :)