What film have you just watched?

Come and See I found in a charity shop but I think you stream it on Amazon
If that is the Russian ww2 film,apparently the kid needed counselling after making it.
Jackie Chan jap slapping Pierce Brosnan as "Liam Hennessy" or was it Roger Moore as Gerry Adams ?

I forget which
That would beThe Foreigner. A much better film than I expected,but would the nephew of a convicted terrorist be able to join the British Army?

Den of Thieves

Reminded me a bit of the classic Heat.

Gerald Butler playing the deshelved LASD cop out to catch the gang.

Enjoyed and recommend it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The Incredibles 2 this morning ( with 4 year old granddaughter). I echo pretty much what everyone else has said, especially the racoon bit. Brilliant slapstick. Maybe the film was a bit wordy in places and some pieces seemed to have fallen out at the edit but I did enjoy it and larfff. Except that g/daughter decided that she was Violet on the way out and it took forever to get clear of the shops etc. Being "inviisible" in a busy shopping precinct; i.e hiding behind mannequins or in doorways tends to pall pretty quickly.

Caught Deliverance last night for the first time in about 25 years.
I'd forgotten what a superb film this is. Years ahead of its time.
Just watched Calibre on Netflix, highly recommended. Not a Rom Com, more like Deliverance meets Balamory.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I watched The Death of Stalin the other night. One thing Britain excels at is the satirical comedy* and this was up there with the best.

Taking what is known about the events surrounding Stalin's last breath and succession Iannucci has brought us a hilarious farce. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

My only criticism is that it felt as though it had been padded out a bit to get some length to the film and it seemed to lose its way, but that was minor.

*Mind you the producers brought in a Yank, Steven Buscemi who played a stormer as Khrushchev.

The Incredibles 2 this morning ( with 4 year old granddaughter). I echo pretty much what everyone else has said, especially the racoon bit. Brilliant slapstick. Maybe the film was a bit wordy in places and some pieces seemed to have fallen out at the edit but I did enjoy it and larfff. Except that g/daughter decided that she was Violet on the way out and it took forever to get clear of the shops etc. Being "inviisible" in a busy shopping precinct; i.e hiding behind mannequins or in doorways tends to pall pretty quickly.
The wife liked the "who ordered vegetables" bit and the teenage strop. We went late at night so all the little ones were in bed or terrorising the locals.

Not seen a thread, but theatre, so I'll chuck it in here.........

My wife enjoys a live show, so every few months, we go to a local theatre.

Seen the Rat pack half a dozen times, same for Jersey Boys, lot's of others, all from good to excellent.

Today we went to see "Dusty" the musical, about Dusty Springfield.

Never gelled, after the first act, we went for a beer and cuppa in the intermission, and we both said that we weren't enjoying it, and for the first time ever, bailed out halfway through........

I watched The Death of Stalin the other night. One thing Britain excels at is the satirical comedy* and this was up there with the best.

Taking what is known about the events surrounding Stalin's last breath and succession Iannucci has brought us a hilarious farce. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

My only criticism is that it felt as though it had been padded out a bit to get some length to the film and it seemed to lose its way, but that was minor.

*Mind you the producers brought in a Yank, Steven Buscemi who played a stormer as Khrushchev.
It went right over the wife head by several miles.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It went right over the wife head by several miles.
Maybe a little history lesson needed before watching. It is difficult to make abject fear funny but by showing it OTT the writer has it spot on IMO.

Trespass Against Us. A perfect advert for why all pikeys should be incinerated immediately.

For me it was seeing Paul Whitehouse sparring with Steve Buscemi sparring with Michael Palin etc. thinking “am I really seeing this?!”

And Jason Isaacs as Zhukov:

“Right, what's a war hero got to do to get some lubrication around here?”

Brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it was seeing Paul Whitehouse sparring with Steve Buscemi sparring with Michael Palin etc. thinking “am I really seeing this?!”

And Jason Isaacs as Zhukov:

“Right, what's a war hero got to do to get some lubrication around here?”

Brilliant.
And the genius of Simon Russell Beale who played Beria as a genuinely nice bloke who was also evil to the core, a clever juxtaposition and I can see why they say that Beale is one of our best actors.
My only complaint (if it can be called that) was Steve Buscemi as Khrushchev. Mr Buscemi is quite a thin bloke whereas Khrushchev had what we might call a 'Rugby Build'. I couldn't quite get my mind around that one but he played the part brilliantly.
I was also surprised at the meek portrayal of Molotov by Michael Palin, maybe that was a little ironic joke from the genius Armando Iannucci.