What film have you just watched?

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Hey, Gunge_Thickie! Why do you obsessively follow me around ARRSE, commenting on any and everything I post? Are you completely deranged, or what?

The thread is about filums you've watched. It's not an opportunity to let loose your moronic digs, just because you feel inferior. If you can't watch the filum because you're far too thick to have learned German, then the post wasn't aimed at you. Just accept that and don't go selfishly derailing yet another thread just to exercise your frustration that you're not included. Understand?

MsG

Hey, Gunge_Thickie! Why do you obsessively follow me around ARRSE, commenting on any and everything I post? Are you completely deranged, or what?

The thread is about filums you've watched. It's not an opportunity to let loose your moronic digs, just because you feel inferior. If you can't watch the filum because you're far too thick to have learned German, then the post wasn't aimed at you. Just accept that and don't go selfishly derailing yet another thread just to exercise your frustration that you're not included. Understand?

MsG
800px-Joseph_Ducreux_(French)_-_Self-Portrait,_Yawning_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

The thread is about filums you've watched.
No, it isn't.

It's about films, or movies, that people have watched.

A filum (actually spelled phylum, you illiterate self-obsessed tossend) is entirely unrelated to the cinematic arts.

Pleb.

The Dambusters at my local Odeon as part of the 75th anniversary - sadly couldn't make the Albert Hall but they streamed the feed from there. Quite an interesting pre-film bit introduced by Dan Snow with interviews etc.

One of my favourite films made even better by being on a huge screen.

WM

The Dambusters at my local Odeon as part of the 75th anniversary - sadly couldn't make the Albert Hall but they streamed the feed from there. Quite an interesting pre-film bit introduced by Dan Snow with interviews etc.

One of my favourite films made even better by being on a huge screen.

WM
With the appropriate dog's name, so I read, which is not in the script for the possible remake.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
With the appropriate dog's name, so I read, which is not in the script for the possible remake.
I can't actually mind where, but I read recently that the remake will include the dog's original name.

MsG

Just watched this short - bit uneven in places, but given he is an amateur director it is surprisingly good, with a workable storyline. The sense of time and place is well done too...

Also quite like the effort he put into some of the vignettes - the dead soldier in the wood taken from a real wartime photo. Suspect with a bit of professional guidance he could make an excellent contribution to the war movie industry.

Bad Day at Black Rock, a 1955 classic sort of western suspense film noir that should be remade. Spencer Tracy is the most unlikely hero in a remote town. It's an allegory/graphic novel story shown on experimental cinemascope/widescreen --better than 3-D-- that could have done without Andre Previn's grating score. The bonuses are Ernest Borgnine, Walter Brennan and Lee Marvin. John Sturges also directed The Great Escape, The Magnificent Seven and The Eagle Has Landed. Imagine directing that bunch of scene stealers.

Deadpool 2 last night. Lots of over the top violence and I was giggling like a twat at the parachute scene. Definitely worth a watch, glad to hear a third films already been green lit.

I watched a couple of films this morning, both themed around revenge. The first one was "Deadpool", starring Ryan Reynolds and T.J Miller, which is about the most gory comic book film ever made, yet also probably the funniest, the second was "John Wick", which is an altogether darker and grittier tale - with Keanu Reeves starring in a most atypical role as the titular hitman, in fact, the kind of hitman other hitmen are terrified of. Bill and Ted, it ain't.

Deadpool 2 last night. Lots of over the top violence and I was giggling like a twat at the parachute scene. Definitely worth a watch, glad to hear a third films already been green lit.
I really enjoyed it but it wasn't quite as good as the original in spite of the massively increased budget, personally I think they should stop now while they are ahead.

I watched a couple of films this morning, both themed around revenge. The first one was "Deadpool", starring Ryan Reynolds and T.J Miller, which is about the most gory comic book film ever made, yet also probably the funniest, the second was "John Wick", which is an altogether darker and grittier tale - with Keanu Reeves starring in a most atypical role as the titular hitman, in fact, the kind of hitman other hitmen are terrified of. Bill and Ted, it ain't.
The Baba Yaga. "Enjoy your stay at the Continental Mr. Wick".

Gratuitous, pointless, far fetched, improbable,..............but good fun to watch.:)

I thought John Wick has some of the best fight choreography I've seen in a long time.
It could have the crappiest for all I care: any scenario in which Alfie Allen gets punched, kicked and beaten around the room until thoroughly dead is worth its weight in gold