What film are you looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by insert-coin-here, Jul 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. Im looking forward to the Lord of the Rings Prequel "The Hobbit"
  2. 'Rise of The Planet of the Apes' anyone ?

'Super 8' ?

'1066' ? Now that looks a good movie.
  3. Definitely Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Super 8 too so ill agree with the above.

Im a bit aprehensive about Captain America but i did want to go see it
  4. I heard that Guillermo del Toro was originally going to direct it but is only going to write for it now,a shame as I enjoyed Hellboy 1+2 and Pans Labyrinth and was looking forward to his 'vision' of Middle earth.

I suppose we just have to put up with Peter Jackson again (no bad thing in itself).
  5. They're remaking 1984?

6. Sherlock 2, Next Batman film, The Hobbit and the Avengers. Ooooh and Labia lickers vol.12
  7. Did'nt know much about super 8 but it comes across in the trailer like the Goonies directed by M. Night Shyamalan,which is pretty interesting,looking forward to seeing it

8. If someone mad a slasher movie where the victim was Pierce Moron I think the anticipation level would be unprecedented.

However, I suppose you would like actual films, so in that light, I am looking forward to Cowboys & Aliens.
  9. Im trying to see "Armadillo "/ but cant download it ( BROADBAND AT 0.3 KBS) so it looks like a buy or hire.
  10. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

The film treatment of 'AZINCOURT' by Bernard Cornwell ( Sharpe ) .

This was being talked about on the set of 'Robin Hood' in 2009......and will, I suspect , be timed to be in cinemas for the (counts on fingers) 600th anniversay of the battle itself.

Oh, and the final Potter fillum......just to grit my teeth once more as the only background artiste in the UK to have never worked on the H-P franchise..... :->

CUE MOVIE QUOTE << I coulda been a CONTENDER ! >> .....answers on a postcard film buffs....
  11. That sounds tin-foil-hat-tastic!

I suppose at least we wont be subjected to Jason Statham trying to do his yank accent again.
  12. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Hopefully once that is out of the way, he'll finally start on his magnum opus:

The Forever War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On October 12, 2008, Ridley Scott confirmed that after a 25 year wait for the rights to become available, he is making a return to science fiction with a film adaptation of the book. He is currently looking for a script writer.[12]

In March 2009, Scott confirmed that the film would be in 3D citing James Cameron's Avatar as an inspiration for doing so. "I'm filming a book by Joe Haldeman called Forever War. I've got a good writer doing it. I've seen some of James Cameron's work, and I've got to go 3D. It's going to be phenomenal."[13][14]

In the summer of 2010, it was later revealed by Scott that the writer, which was revealed to be the State of Play scribe Matthew Michael Carnahan, is currently on the fourth draft of the screenplay that was originally written by Blade Runner scribe David Peoples.[15][16]
    • Like Like x 1
  13. A GOOD transfer to film of William Gibson's "Neuromancer" trilogy (ideally as three difference films). As opposed to the abortion that was "Johnny Mnemonic" (Which wasn't just <10% of the film it COULD have been, but pointlessly blurred the backgrounds of Gibson's TWO trilogies.) Back in 1968, Arthur C Clarke and Stanley Kubrick agreed that there had yet to be a "Good SciFi movie" made - and they set out to change that with 2001. Since then... hardly a handful of SciFi movies good enough to be categorized as "Good". ["But what about Star Wars? Or Star Trek?" Child, go and wash your mouth out with arsenic.] Plenty of new SciFi writers, and new SciFi books have emerged since 2001... but almost nome of them made it to the screen. One of the few that did got there as a satire on the original book (Heinlein's "Starship Troopers")

Neuromancer has been rumoured to be in "pre-production" almost since the book was first published.