What Ever Happened to The Macc Lads?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rod924, Jun 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

1986 was when I was first introduced to this, this band of extreme p1ss taking and I still play Beer Sex Chips 'n' Gravy in the car.

Dan's Underpants still gets me roaring with laughter:

Now Dan Shat himself he had diarrhoea
    oh lads its no fun to dance
    So he went up'th stairs fer t'change his underpants
    Now he opens wida, wipes his arse and throws the offending bags on grass
    He shouts " everybody come and look at this, there streaked with sh1t and stained with p1ss,
    But don't look at me............... there not fcuking mine"

But his loving Mum had sewn his fcuking name inside!!!!!!!!

A rip-snorter of a group, anyone know what they are up to these days?
  2. From: http://www.macclads.co.uk/images/history/w_hist5.html#1995
    Due to expanding waistlines, greying hair, fatherhood, and senility, the Lads decide that 1995 will be their last year. The Lads played their 500th and last gig at Rock City, Nottingham, on Dec 4th 1995. No mention of any comebacks either :(
  3. Songwriting genius:

She wore big knickers and she worked at the sewage farm.
    Got my hands down her jeans and I nearly lost half my arm.
    But after ten pints, she looked quite fit,
    Couldn't wait to get my hands on her flabby tits.
    Slap that and ride the ripples, just got to get my gob round her greasy nipples.
    Flabby arse, sweaty breasts, thirty eight chins, she was a mound of flesh.
    Sweaty Betty, she eats a lot of pies,
    Sweaty Betty, she's got enormous thighs,
    Sweaty Betty, have you smelled her breath?
    Sweaty Betty, she'd crush a man to death.

I knew that she wanted me to shag her, so I stabbed her cunt with my mutton dagger.
    I couldn't believe the size of her bum,
    She used to play for Wigan at the back of the scrum.
    I've seen nowt like it since the day I was born,
    But you know me, I'll shag owt that's warm.

Sweaty Betty, she eats a lot of chips,
    Sweaty Betty, she's got massive tits,
    Sweaty Betty, she's got a huge vagina,
    Sweaty Betty, you'd fit a bus inside her,
    She's so obscene, three tons of margarine,
    She's like a lump of lard
    But Sweaty Betty makes my willy hard :)
  4. Excellent stuff, but surely that's been lifted straight out of Shakespeare's Sonnets ?.
  5. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

Buenos Aires

There was a load of bloody fairies in Buenos bloody Aires
    With greasy hair and sweaty bums, they'd never heard of Boddington's
    A different culture and a different race, - no chippies in the fucking place,
    You can keep that poof Ardiles, we're going to have your Malvinas
    Eh Up!
    They got our backs up without a doubt, time to sort those Argies out
    Costa Mendez lives in fear of real men who can hold their beer
    Eh! Eh! Eh! The lads are on their way,
    With bayonets and tommy guns and bellies full of Boddington's
    Eh Up!

Fray Bentos and cheap red wine is all they eat in the Argentine
    But after a scrap with the English Navy, they'll ask for the recipe for chips 'n' gravy

No wonder we won
  6. You have to understand that when the Macc Lads were around (coincident with my youth) Boddingtons was a decent beer brewed next door in Manchester - not the fizzy keg p@ss that is sold under the same name there days.

And what about Macclesfield's contribution to the New Wave of British Heavy Metal (NWOBHM - remember that any old Sounds readers ?) - the mighty Silverwing ! They did one album and sank without trace. I saw them at Macclesfield Town Hall once.

That was a long time ago, Christ I'm getting old.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I was on the lash in Macclesfield last Friday night. Some of the local lasses resembled some of the Macc Lads lyrics!
  8. Oi, Macc is a lovely place. You'll find the Macc lads at the Moss Rose every other Saturday during the footy season :D
  9. Happy memories - the M3 roundabout near Sunbury on Thames, myself and a mate who were both customs officers at the time off on a job in shirt & tie, car windows rolled down (summer..) singing away to the Macc lads and getting very peculiar looks from a couple of Met coppers....

Big question - why oh why can you not get the songs on iTunes!!!

10. The Lads started up with a grant from the Manpower Services Commission, in the days when Thatch was trying to encourage young businesses.

Having seen them in action, I don't reckon they were quite what the government had in mind.

They were effing brilliant, I still listen to a few tracks now and then too, especially when I'm going down Blackpool, alright, for a fight.
  11. Only "pop concert" I've ever been to was thew Maccs at the Marquee in June 1991. They only played a few songs - "Bye eck, you lot are rough!"

Had a BBW last week and skanked the entire ouvre from Limewire. Most of 'em went down very well once translated. Feed Your Face was a bit of a shocker though. Forgot about the naughty stuff - very red faced for neighbors next day after that one. Perhaps Bob Geldof would like a copy.

If you wanna quick fiddle it's wrapped round me middle
    and in a warehouse down in Warrington...
  12. A mate of mine texted to say he heard they are reforming. I can't find anything on line, though.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. First time I ever heard a Macc Lads CD I was out in the works car one day with one of the lads. He put the CD on. I very nearly crashed the car I was laughing that much.
  14. These the fellas?

Silverwing alive and kicking UK only lp excellent glam rock

If you tell me they were any good, I might risk a fiver
  15. I used to live near Macclesfield - so it was just about compulsory to at the very least know of them.
    there was a local TV report on them being barred from playing in Macc'. (ohh found it!)

They were something to be experienced live to really appreciate how bloody awful/good they actually were
    • Like Like x 1