What equipment i should buy?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by scamsr, Oct 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was wondering if you could give me a list of all the thing i should buy or upgrade from army issue?
    If you could list the item and where to get it from with prices as well please, i am on a bit of a budget so bare that in mind please. thanks.

2. er whats your role and what do you think you want?.
    Kits much better these days and the deployment bag covers most things.
    with pcs and a new load carrying system on its way possiby worth holding off any big ticket purchases.
    If your still in training you wont be allowed to use any new gucci kit anyway.
    use the search option lots of good info on this site and bullshit.

3. Try reading the stickies and other posts dotted about.

4. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  5. Infantry at the moment. So in training i can't use my own torches etc?

6. If you need it, you will be issued it. Even down to LED torches & Head Torches. Gerber, insulated mug, daysack, camelback. Everything. Save your cash for a car.

• Like Like x 2
  7. HHH

HHH LE

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've been an instructor at ITC Catterick for 25 years. Burn your issue bergan and get a Webtex one. Webtex pay us to sell them so if you have one you'll get an easy time. Look out for me, I've got a big badge and a stick.

When you see me say 'Arrse' so I know it's you.

Lucky you came on here son.

• Like Like x 2
  9. At the moment? Down for summer selection are we?

10. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

your not really in training are you?
    You said last week that you were considering joining.
    How can you be in training 4 days later?
    Something just doesn't add up.
    Care to explain

11. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

????????????????

12. You should buy a spoon,tie some string around it and attach it to your neck.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

It's small relatively inexpensive things that make a big difference - don't go and buy £150 webbing until you know what you're doing and had some experience in what you need.

Off the top of my head

Extra good socks
    Good quality T shorts
    Good Swiss Army knife
    Small maglite
    Small binocs
    Pint tin mug
    Pack of 6 bic lighters
    Pack of ten disposable latex gloves - sometimes you will be handling shit literally.
    Dry bags
    Decent watch
    Best piece of kit I used was a poncho liner - get one.

14. If you're in training then Kiwi Parade Gloss, a Sylvette Cloth and some Sorbathanes for your Boots. A Crusader Mug to replace the shite plastic one and speed up the cooking of your Ration Meals (and it means your Mess Tins are nice and shiny for inspection). Zip lock bags and a few pairs of decent socks - Bridgedale or 1000 Mile. I would disagree with Schaden on the Swiss Army Knife as they are a pain to open with cold hands, and the blades are weak - but don't turn up with a BFO Rambo knife as the DS will laugh at you - a lot.

Everything else wait until you get to your Battalion and see what other people have or come back here in 6 months.

15. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Buy as little as possible till you've got some time in and know what to buy. A few creature comforts are always welcome, though.