What drinks sums up REME

Lets face it we all do it!

Jocks Regt= Bucky and Whiskey
House chav + cav regt = shampers

RLC = Coke

but REME?

May break it down, A mech Herforder (yellow hand bags)
B mech = Shandy

Rechy Mech = everything in coshh locker

Tech = White wine sprizter

I believe I speak for armourers when I say everything tastes the ******* same after a three hour session of huffing the suncorite. And when I say it all tastes the same, it's like having a rainbow spunk in your mouth.

Always wanted a brew when they turned up with ARV/Half Track/FRT etc.Good lads,still be stuck on Soltau 40+ years later without them.

it will always be warm herfie straight from the bottle, served in the middle of german nowhere

or maybe meths

WD 40 and lime

I don't know what drink best sums up the Sprocket Dragoons, but I do know that the Signals as a Regiment have a good knack of ******* off the REME's when it comes to invites to functions much to my protestations. They, (the Signals Seniors organising) obviously haven't served in a Brigade Signal Squadron and had the faithful anytime anywhere 434 come and rescue them out of 7 shades of shite

Traditionally it was Aldi instant coffee, with Baileys instead of milk, served in a cracked mug with grubby swarfega handprints inside and out and containing some very suspicious looking floaters.....

Traditionally it was Aldi instant coffee, with Baileys instead of milk
Ah yes, the good old "milk that doesn't go off". Personally it would be the obvious yellow handbags or crates of Hansa, ideal scheme beer at 50 flegs a can, could easily stash half a dozen crates away on 24C, away from the prying eyes of your S/C/BSM. That said, we did get found out with that milk by the OC, but he knew how much work we had done for him, so he just commented "Hmm.. your sugar tastes funny, now I know what the REME run on." and wandered off. Good skills.

water, just water, and if i want anything better i will phn ALC,,,,,,,,

Hmmmm. Father in law is ex REME, WO1. He'll drink/eat anything so long as it's free.
My Dad is also ex REME WO1 and he'll eat and drink anything free too.

Unfortunately as his current job doesn't require passing a bft every year it is starting to show a bit...!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C The NAAFI Bar 8
The_grand_dad Army Pay, Claims & JPA 22
quiller AGC, RAPTC and SASC 7