What does the intel corps do?

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Huge, Aug 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm considering joining up after I get my degree and want to join the intelligence corps, but I've found little to no information on what they do, as apparently a lot of the roles aren't advertised online. Can anyone shed some light on potential roles/jobs they do?<br>
    Edit: It's obvious that I offended some withy initial post, and I apologise for that. I'm new to the site and wasn't aware of my mistake. Thank you for your replies so far.
  2. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Have a look in the Intelligence Corps forum here Int Corps.

The bottom line is that the Int Corps does lots of different stuff, some of which is very interesting and some of which is very dull. Don't call it the 'Intel Corps' though because you'll annoy the natives!
  3. Been a while since we had a journo/walt/13year old/bellend (delete as appropriate) sniffing around. There's enough info in the recruiting threads and on army.mod.obvious on what the corps does. The details are omitted for obvious reasons but then the RLC don't tell you what exact blanket you'll be stacking until you join either
  4. Clean Landrovers to the nth degree.
  5. They make microprocessors and other high performance computing ICs. Not sure if they have a UK presence.
    • Like Like x 10
  6. Pretend they know what they're talking about.
  7. 'Intel.'

Possibly just a youngster from across the pond with a passing interest?

No harm in that.
  8. What he said.

However, you'll probably fail entry for being dense as you can't even get the name right or do basic research.
  9. If your degree is in Media Studies, you'll fit right in.
  10. I believe the current buzz phrase is "make up shit" and apparently been doing it since 1940.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. As an officer you will be expected to manage deviants like me. You will fail, but feel very proud that you at least tried.
    • Like Like x 7
  12. If going in as an Officer you'll also be expected to:

1) **** over your men in order to try and make yourself look good
    2) Pass off somebody else's work as you're own
    3) Add your own interpretation to already relatively clear taskings to such an extent that the end product isn't what was asked for and then attempt to pass the blame onto your guys as if your failings were their fault.
    4) Insist on telling senior Officers what they'd like to hear instead of what they need to hear.
    • Like Like x 9
  13. Well, I'd like to help you out [that's one way of saying 'go and look for it yourself you lazy ******], but I signed the OSA back in 1969 and therefore I'm unable to tell you anything at all - in fact, even the fact that I have nothing to tell you should really be classified, as it presupposes that there is actually something that I could tell you, if I was allowed to.

But I'm not.

And there isn't.

So I can't.

Now, you realise, you'll have to eat the monitor you've just read this on, and then kill yourself secretly when you least expect it.

PS - If anyone asks, I didn't write this post. It was ghost-written by a member of the SIS posing as me on this forum in all respects.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Glad you cleared that up for me Andy. I now see where I've gone wrong all these years.
  15. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

That's just so old school.