what does the cuts mean to new recruits?

Discussion in 'Strategic Defence & Spending Review (SDSR)' started by clarkey1994, Jul 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello. I start my basic in November I'm going in for reccy mech, just want to know after all the training and you get put into your regiment, but it faces the cut.what will happen, I heard you go infantry? Thanks

2. Utter bollocks. Don't be so gullible. You will be pretty much unaffected.

3. Unaffected? Someone I know who's in the army said there going to hand jobs in enginering to private firms.

4. recruiting never gets turned off, the people leaving will need replacing, for all the blokes getting brown letters there will be people PVRing or reaching the end of the terms of their contract, you will still be needed.

5. There always are wild and exaggerated rumours. It was the Army that invented rumours surely?

6. But probably won't be handing the role of recovering armoured vehicles under fire to the AA.

7. Yeah guess so man

8. Landrovers are already repaired and refurbed by a civvie firm.

It was on it's way out and all the fabrication kit got sold on to some bloke in Doncaster or somewhere IIRC, then the recent unpleasantness kicked off and he suddenly found himself the owner of a hugely profitable business.

9. RAC could probably do it better...