What does the acronym PACEX mean??

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by thegeezer, Nov 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have spoken to some of the experts in Blandford on this matter but they were, frankly, clueless and some of them hadn't bathed for several days.

What does PACEX stand for?

I am assuming the EX is Exercise but what about the PAC?

2. It means some retard in brown brogues and a tweed suit got lucky.

3. Putting the equipment through it's pace's? Ex

4. Soggy4978

Soggy4978 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

I have a vague memory of PACific EXchange system. Further than that I can't be any help.

5. Proving and Checking EXercise.

6. It's a plug up, a silver link, It's a:

"Pretty Arse Comms Exercise, EXERCISE; mit mayo if you are in Germany.

7. Proving and confirmatory exercise

8. Ref my bold, isnt that a contradiction of terms there...........................?

9. A week of getting dicked around on the square, from 7 in the morning till 7 at night, even though all eqpt was proved on a plug up the week before or on the first day. Only to sit there chain smoking all week, while you wait for the witless TOT to come waltzing round at half 5 on a Friday evening. Despite the fact that all the techs and fofs' had all tried, in vain, to get said Offrs to come out on the first day, only to get fucked off cos it was scheduled for a week

10. Or... lay out all your valuables on Elvington airfield, lock up your truck and come back the next day and hope the guard havent moved stuff around....and its nice that you are being QRM 555'd KK. I normally expect to work with ZBN 2.

11. I'll go with this one as the formal long hand - though somewhere back in my memory there are much better informal versions of the PAC.

MH

12. Pretty Arrse Comms Exercise

13. It means that any statement beaten out of you by the police is no longer admissible....Im assuming the X is a typo.

14. A PACEX is The Proving and Adjustment of Communications Exercise. Organised and co-ordinated loads of these things, all the other bastardisations of PACEX have come from the resident 'expert' who hasn't been fully up to speed - chinese whispers has distorted its meaning throughout the ages.

15. So.. I ve done lots of PACEX..... so many that when I'm deployed on a real Non-PACEX exercise, it just seemed like the others.