What does JPAC do?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Jailorinummqasr, Jun 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Serious question.

I have phoned JPAC 4 times to get advice and each time they referred me to my Admin Office.

I would like the follwing info, if any of you can help.

Who runs JPAC (prime contractor/CE's name and address) and who is Officer responsible for managing said contact ?

WHY!

Cos I am pissed off and I want to formally complain. :x

Key questions:

- Why are we paying people in a call centre who can't answer simple questions?
    - When are they (the above people) going to get the training they require or be sacked?
    - Much of the historical data, e.g. former postings and competencies is missing or wrong - I accept the historically data may not have survived the data transfer - but why can not we (users) update this data with a marker to indicated that the Data will need to be verified at a later date?
    - Why can I do not arrange for my pay statement sent to my home address?

Thanks

Jailor

2. JPAC is run by AFPAA and is therfore the responsibility of CE AFPAA a Naval 2 star officer who is based in HMS Centurion in Portsmouth. He has a 1 star officer who is responsible for the day to day running of JPAC trg etc. The civilian partner is EDS who have been responsible for the modification of an ORACLE product to meet service needs (or not - depending how you see it). Correspondence marked for the attention of CE AFPAA sent to:

JPAC Enquiry Centre
    Mail Point 465 Kentigern House
    65 Brown St
    GLASGOW G2 8EX

Should be replied to and get a reaction.

If you are really really upset you could write to the Senior Responsible Officer and chairman of the JPA project board DCDS(Pers), one AM Pockock, in MOD Main Building - but you may wish to hold that one in resrve in case your first attempt is less than satisfactory.

3. Any advice on staffing such a complaint, I am still relatively jnr and wish to have full career. Should it go via the UAO or via the CO?

4. Under the circumstances you describe I strongly recommend you talk to your own Chain of Command first - Sqn Ldr or Wg Cdr - and take advice from them.

5. Yep. In a couple of months time, on a form letter sent out by a bored weegie clerk paid about £12k a year. It took AFPAA a mere 5 months to reply to a simple request for pension info, and then the information provided did not answer the question asked. Useless to the point of criminal incompetence - the clerk or the Brass, probably both.

6. Certainly not a dig at Unit admin staffs (God knows I've been there so I know what it can be like for them AND the pers they are there to support), it's been recognised that the division of responsibility between what Units should deal with and what should be referred was not made clear and still needs clarifying to an extent. I am aware of people who have been referred to JPAC and have bounced between the two trying to find an answer. The blame for this does lay squarely outside of the Unit staffs, and can primarily be attributed to time compression reducing training for both them and the call-centre staff. It doesn't make it right, but apparently they're trying to fix it...hopefully in time for the RN later in the year. Personally I'm keen they fix it all by next March!

7. Trust me....it's much better that the crabs are having to deal with this at the moment and not us. They are having an awful time of it. The system doesn't work and JPAC cannot answer even basic questions. Perhaps by the time we have to shoulder our share, some of it might be sorted out! I doubt it, but I can live in hope!

8. The JPAC Enqury Centre is run by a company called EDS, they hire agency staff to take calls.

If you want to complain then call up the JPAC Enquiry Centre and they will give you the address and fax number for the complaints department.

Answer to your questions:

- Why are we paying people in a call centre who can't answer simple questions?

What do you mean by WE? The staff at the enquiry centre are not paid by the government, therefore you, as a taxpayer, are NOT paying for them. They can't answer simple questions simply because they don't need to. JPA is a SELF SERVICE system.

- When are they (the above people) going to get the training they require or be sacked?

You are a very ignorant person! Just because you have a slight problem, you automatically blame the poor souls who have the horrible task of answering the phone to you people. The agency staff are paid peanuts and have to put up with a helluva lot of grief. THEY have to use the same system as you and therefore are up against the same problems. They get absolutely NO support from the back office (ie the people who do the real work) and 9 times out of 10 have to put up with grieve that is not their fault.

Please have a heart and take into consideration that JPAC EC Agents are in a hard position. If something is going wrong with your pay etc. It is NOT their fault. They are simply telephonists who act as go betweens. Vent your anger at somebody else.

- Much of the historical data, e.g. former postings and competencies is missing or wrong - I accept the historically data may not have survived the data transfer - but why can not we (users) update this data with a marker to indicated that the Data will need to be verified at a later date?

Pass

- Why can I do not arrange for my pay statement sent to my home address?

The JPAC send ALL statements to the units. If every single person in the armed forces were to get their statement posted to their address, think of the admin that would be involved. That is hundreds of thousands of pay statements going out to seperate addresses each month, and then if people change address... It just isn't worth it. Easier to send to the units. They can arrange to get your statement to you.

9. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

So who pays EDS if it not not the taxpayer.
    Get real.

10. Just as an aside - the plan for the Army role out is to put a load of SPS Warrant Officers (mostly Bde VWOs) in JPAC for a few weeks in April. This is for two reasons, firstly, to help the Helpdesk operators with all the new Army terminology, ranks and post titles and secondly, to give the VWOs a good idea of the type of conditions that the operators work under.

Also, it's worth noting that they will be recording phone calls to see how they can improve their performance, but don't forget that if you are a rude arrsehole to them they will have proof!

11. and my taxes pay for officers to send their kids to boarding school but you don't hear me complaining.

12. Join the Army then, spend six to nine months out of every 18 months away from your family. You patronising cunt. The man made an honest remark. And you wonder why JPAC has a bad reputation :pissedoff:

13. JPAC Insider, you tread a very dangerous path. The only reason Officers and SNCOs and Soldiers send their children to boarding school is that otherwise they would have to move school every 18-36 months. Every decent school is already booked up and Lia(r)bour Councils are now alloting places by lottery!

Please stick to your area of expertise and keep away from petty class invection!

14. JPAC insider, if your posts are anything like the service you provide I think we have a problem...

15. You're right, I am sorry, truly I am. Sorry for any offence caused by my remarks. I wasn't thinking, plus I had a drink in me when I made that remark.

Sometimes I just get a bit frustrated when I see the JPAC getting slagged off, I must have seen red. You've got to understand, it's not the people answering the phones who are the problem, they are paid (very poorly) to do a difficult job and they have to put up with a lot of flak. They can only give the help they are trained to give or are allowed to give, they don't make the rules.