• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

What does Dave really think of us?

#1
[/quote]i had the misfortune of going home fom the sand box with dave cameron prop broke and that t**t tried to get some of our blokes kicked off the replacement kite spineless cnuts[/quote]

I would be interested to know a bit more about this, I've heard he's a bit of a nasty piece of work to his subordinates also, what is his real attitude towards us? as oposed to his "soundbite" one?
 
#3
Useful fools or tools for winning votes? I dunno, don't really think any senior politician is "on our side", since Paddy Pantsdown got his sideways promotion. Look what Cameron did to Mercer ...
 
#4
Goldfishfart said:
i had the misfortune of going home fom the sand box with dave cameron prop broke and that t**t tried to get some of our blokes kicked off the replacement kite spineless cnuts
I would be interested to know a bit more about this, I've heard he's a bit of a nasty piece of work to his subordinates also, what is his real attitude towards us? as oposed to his "soundbite" one?
I assume that he didn't manage to kick the blokes off then? Also have you got a source for this?

Jimima
 
#9
Jimima_Shark said:
Goldfishfart said:
i had the misfortune of going home fom the sand box with dave cameron prop broke and that t**t tried to get some of our blokes kicked off the replacement kite spineless cnuts
I would be interested to know a bit more about this, I've heard he's a bit of a nasty piece of work to his subordinates also, what is his real attitude towards us? as oposed to his "soundbite" one?
I assume that he didn't manage to kick the blokes off then? Also have you got a source for this?

Jimima
I must engage brain before releasing the lightning fast Stella powered fingers!

Meant to add -- PM him I'm sure he'll tell you what occured.
 
#10
If politically it suits to throw more money at the military he will do it. I have a lot of time for Liam Fox but I have no illusions about Cameron.

Best thing to do is work him for more dosh, accept him for what he is, vote for him if it gets Broon out of power.

Now is the time (in opposition), to tie him down to promises for investment.

Nuff said.
 
#12
Goldfishfart said:
i had the misfortune of going home fom the sand box with dave cameron prop broke and that t**t tried to get some of our blokes kicked off the replacement kite spineless cnuts


I would be interested to know a bit more about this, I've heard he's a bit of a nasty piece of work to his subordinates also, what is his real attitude towards us? as oposed to his "soundbite" one?
Good question.



It depends what sort of toff he is. An old fashioned Tory who looks after the peasants on condition they touch their caps? Or an estate agent, authoritarian Conservative with a damn great chip on his shoulder who basically wants to be nasty to everyone who doesn't share his shrunken life-vision?

Goldfishfart said:
I've heard he's a bit of a nasty piece of work to his subordinates
I've heard that too, suggesting he's in the latter group. But he's got the Eton charm in spades: supreme self-confidence, killer instinct, born to rule, wealthy, relaxed in the limelight, tremendous spinner and dissembler (a skilled liar in other words - very similar to Blair).

How does this equate to money for the forces? How did the services do under Heath (High Tory) as opposed to Thatcher (Purley estate agent authoritarian)? The latter tend to be more ideological so perhaps would want a stronger military to enforce their ideological vision. They also make more enemies so, again, would want rough men ready to do violence in the night on their behalf, and might be prepared to fund them properly.

Very interesting question. Link for the broken prop incident?
 
#15
He is just another polititian who will use any means to get what he wants and that is unfortunatly us. He shakes your hand one minute and stab's you in the back the next.
 
#16
His episode in the Bullingdon at Oxford renders him completely unfit for any kind of public position. He would have been better employed in the Life Guards.
 
#17
duffdike said:
His episode in the Bullingdon at Oxford renders him completely unfit for any kind of public position. He would have been better employed in the Life Guards.
Serious? A persons actions while 20,odd years old impacts forever?

How many RSMs and other senior NCOs or senior officers behaved as fools at that age? I know I did and so did many others who eventually got promoted.
 
#18
Snap. If everyone who'd made silly mistakes whilst young were debarred from public office etc, the only people left would, I suspect, be so wishy washy that feck all would get done. In the words of a wise old RSM "The bloke who never made a mistake never made anything".
 
#19
rebel_with_a_cause said:
Snap. If everyone who'd made silly mistakes whilst young were debarred from public office etc, the only people left would, I suspect, be so wishy washy that feck all would get done. In the words of a wise old RSM "The bloke who never made a mistake never made anything".
Fairly true. But I did live in a time when serious f'ups got seriously punished. I did learn from that (as did many others) to go on to a more apropriate atitude.

I don't know if that sort of stuff still goes on.

Saying that, the actions of todays army are to be admired. They do seem to be living up to standards that I was never tested upon in the same way.
 
#20
duffdike said:
His episode in the Bullingdon at Oxford renders him completely unfit for any kind of public position. He would have been better employed in the Life Guards.
So, what did he do whilst a member of the Bullingdon which was so heinous?
 

Latest Threads