What Does Banksy Mean: These are Revolutionary Times in Art?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by tripster, May 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Art for some reason becomes more in the public eye, due to ression/hard times, than when the ecomny is bouyant, I have no idea why.
  2. All through history, education and art have been the domain of the rich and powerfull but as access became wider the great unwashed have started to become interested,now through the internet art is available to even the stupidest chav cnut, and noe even blocks of wood like me can spread my crap photographs and art all over the planet, not exactly rocket science
  3. Does it really matter, the man is a cock! Graffiti is a crime and not only does he get away with it but is allowed to get paid for it ffs. People have even paid to get walls taken down etc so they can have an original 'Banksy' What a load of old bollox
  4. Say what you like about him, at least he can draw a half decent picture and, in doing so, make an artistic statement that anyone can understand - which is more than can be said for most famous contemporary artists. How anybody can visit, say, the National Gallery and then the Tate Modern and come away with anything other than the idea that the emporer is currently wearing no clothes is beyond me. Anything that challenges the malignant influence of conceptualism has got to be a good thing - from Banksy to Stuckism.
  5. Banksy is a talented artist and if you take the time to visit an exhibition of his work (yes ive been to one) You'll appreciate the message behind his images. Often very bold and not PC! good luck to him!
  6. I thought he did it all with stencils................................