What do you think....

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Nehustan, Oct 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

[align=center][flash width=443 height=264]http://www.gop.com/Media/RNC1019_ext.swf[/flash][/align]

[align=center]This trailer has been higlighted on the TV over the last few hours, thought it might be good to post it...[/align]
  2. I think they'll stop at nothing to achieve their evil and twisted goals.

Oh , and there's some old turban heads banging on making empty threats in the video as well
  3. You've got to love it, ... that or commit suicide out of dispair.
  4. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I have to say I was discussing 'Trinity' island with my adoptive mother earlier today (actually compared it to a pebble in a pond, the pond being space), and although it was Osama that said 'What is yet to come will be even greater' coming from anywhere near the 'mouth' of a rapture freak is far scarier than from a Muslim, knowing both the hadith of Islam and the Revelation to St. John. I think that that although I have many problems with Rome the wisest thing their scholars/priests say to their flock is to pay the Revelation the least attention, and considering the concept of supercession....
  5. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Do you know the first thing that I thought of when I saw this ad?

...Is it time for the two minute hate?

I initially thought it was some sort of Homeland Security thing but right at the end when I was made aware that it was in fact a political broadcast by the Republican Party? Well I am literally speechless, are there no depths to which these people will stoop?
  6. My point exactly S_W

If you have to resort to such a blatant and naked scary video , you are in trouble.

I almost feel it would have been less cynical, to have 2 minutes of footage of US Forces doing their thing.

Are we taking bets on a Bin-Laden video appearing in the next 2 weeks?
  7. Utter nonsense.
  8. Fear mongering at it's worst.If you need an Ad to tell you are at war, then you have a major malfunction.

9. Read my mind PTP.Just like it happened in the last few moments of the 2004 presidential elections.

Sometimes I get the feeling that AQ wants Bush in power because they know he is daft and thus they are better able to preempt him and gently lead him to the trap they have set up for him.
  10. These are the Stakes

Man with Beard

More Men with Beards

The End

Err, is it really a good idea showing pictures of men with beards? Five years later, they are still up to their nefarious tricks. I suppose it's the only option left after the Iraq debacle - what an advert that would make.

Are US voters credulous enough to fall for this? 8O
  11. Sadly, yes. Read some of the complete craziness on the Internet from avowed Republican supporters and you'll be astounded. It's often said that these loonies are just a minority, but I have real doubts about that.

I have many good friends in America. Whilst there is much to admire about the USA it's also clear that a large number of Americans are that gullible.
  12. Very, very, clever dude.
    fcking obvious too.
  13. Im sure Blair will just copy n paste the vid for his own campaign, changing the end title.
  14. thought osama was dead!!
  15. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

It appears that at least one pundit in the US shares our view:

GOP Fearmongering

I like this guy - can we get him on Arrse? :D