What do you think of these Army Officer Selection DVDs?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by P-Ride, Jun 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am anticipating a flaming for posting these - clearly talking to my designated referee and working hard on the areas of development highlighted is the key to success.

However, I saw these DVDs and couldn't help but be curious as to how useful the information contained might be.

Having said that, the company supplying them seem to be very 'generic', also supplying guides on how to be an artist or a vet.

What do you think? Has anyone seen them?

How2Become an Army Officer

Pass the Army Officer AOSB

Pass the Army Officer Selection Board

Pass the AOSB Interview
  2. No. No. No.

The board is looking for an innate quality and has a stupidly large amount of expierence in spotting this no dvd or quick fix guide can help with it. All you need to do your board is to be reasonably fit and intelligent, aware of current affairs and able to work under pressure.
  3. Sure, that sounds reasonable enough. I'd like to maximize my potential, but I guess if I'm right for the job and I've put the work in then it will come through.
  4. That and trawling through every page of the AOSB thread ^^.

Or you could just lurk here, like I do. It's amazing how much you can pick up just from passing an eye over the board once in a while. Also the Arrsepedia is a good read if you are sad like me.
  5. Alex - check your pms...
  6. Avoid How 2 Become - I made the mistake of getting it.....and just to show how bad it was I'll give you the example question for SDT in its opening pages:

Distance is 9000mm. Time is 3 seconds.

Remember Speed = distance/time
    Speed = 9000/3
    Speed = 9000mm per second.

If you want a book to brush up on maths, get Speed Mathematics by Bill Handley - tis brilliant for making SDT etc very easy!
  7. Just remember: SoD iT