What do you think about the RAF?

Hi,

The BBC are currently making a programme on the role of the RAF and we want to hear your thoughts.

We want you to share any comments or experiences you might have whether they are serious, comical or controversial.

All your comments will be treated in the strictest confidence.

So go on, express yourself.

WTPO

They are the slightly less aggressive wing of Easyjet.

Their love of white sports socks and slip on shoes is obsessive and more than 37% of the male RAFers are homosexual.

I do hope this helps.

Per Ardua.

Fine chaps.

WTPO said:
Hi,

The BBC are currently making a programme on the role of the RAF and we want to hear your thoughts.

We want you to share any comments or experiences you might have whether they are serious, comical or controversial.

All your comments will be treated in the strictest confidence.

So go on, express yourself.

WTPO

Hello WTPO.

Have you spoken to PR_Totty here? She's our resident journalistic contact type, and given the punishments which can be doled out for talking to the media without authorisation it's probably best that you talk to her first.

Thanks

My view? Tremendous fellows and without them the sea's would not be as safe as they should. Also I believe we would have lost the Yom Kippur war without them.

God save the President!!

It is rumoured that the RAF will be disbanded in the Defence Review and it role split between Army and Navy. Jock Stirrup even admitted himself that "one of the service may have to go". We shall see.

To Quote from the Jokes section category titled
Armed Forces:
Jokes with a military theme....a bit like the RAF you could say.

RAF? Not something I think about as a rule.

Some jolly decent coves....Magnificant Men (alright, and Wimmin) in their Flying Machines.

I also think the RAF approach in employing those with special needs is a valuable service to the community, by preventing them from entering proper employment. The risk of SDR is that large numbers of RAF might be released in to the community. Has anyone considered the possible impact?

Ask t.he Engineers if they would like to have them back after 90 years adrift

cliveincyprus said:
It is rumoured that the RAF will be disbanded in the Defence Review and it role split between Army and Navy. Jock Stirrup even admitted himself that "one of the service may have to go". We shall see.
Hi Trigger, you been in fcuking solitary?

Ref: how I feel about the RAF - hate them with a passion, bunch of pie-eating tw@ts.*

*It may be 'One Army' for you Pongoes, but it's still one RAF and one RAuxAF :p

The best RAF base's i've encountered are Akrotiri & Aldergrove in that order, Brize is brize but that hotel is so out-dated,

echo bugrats last comment

I work with the "CRABS" as you so eloquently put it every day. When we first came up here (Royal Navy - Harriers) it was a real eye opener!

Their paperwork leaves a lot to be desired, with every entry they made the work was carried out "satis...." Satis is the main word of all RAF Aircraft engineers! Now that we have been here a few years they have come round to our way of thinking and their paperwork skills have improved.

At first there was a lot of banter and to some degree there still is today, however many good friends and accomplices have been forged thru working on the ship (an eye opener for the crabs) and us working out in Afghan with them. Eventually we have stood up as our own working Naval squadron and we have excelled very well and are just as capable as our RAF brethren.

RAF Engineers seem (imo) to be better disciplined, not only do they do their jobs to a very high standard but complete all the other tasks that come with aircraft work - like tidy up after them selves - the mindset of the RN rating is "its someone elses job to do that" and this is where the conflict starts.

The crabs here are more laid back where as we in the RN are more of a "can do" attitude

I worked closely with them in the Falklands and in Ascension island and I thought they were dire, humourless, moaning and miserable. For the most part clock watchers and jobsworths. The aircrew were all arrogant and the technical staff don't fix things, they condition them. Civilian contractors do the repairs in the UK. Sitting on a tropical beach they moaned about not being back at RAF Benson. Only the women were worthwhile, they did like a length, I suspect they weren't alone.

What really brought it home was the "exercises" they held at Mount Pleasant. In a scenario which involved enemy airstrikes they gathered us all into the biggest tin shed target on the island of tin sheds, put black bin bags all over the windows to black them out (this on a sunny morning) and pretended that the shower room was an underground bunker (like the ones they had in the UK). Everyone was to sit in the tin roofed bunker until the war was over. I bumped my gums about the wisdom of this all and was given a sangar outside, built by the RAF Regt it had two firing ports. One looking onto the wall of a hangar, blue tin three feet away, the other looking up into space, a small rectangle of sky formed within a grenade friendly funnel affair. They are civvies really, they don't even play at war anymore, walts are more honest.

I to have the dubious honour of working with the RAF and find them a strange breed that bear only a passing resemblance to a truly military organisation. The Jets fly extremely effectively but anything else on the ground is met with a confused look from a tilited head and the retort that '....but this isn't the Army....'. I have seen things that would give an RSM a heartattack and make the PT Corps cry into their mirrors. Its been an experience that has been ok but I hope it ends soon.

Latest Threads