What Do You Miss?

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by Tastytoggle, May 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't know why I suddenly thought of it. Perhaps it was because my mate and his missus were in Edinburgh today watching their son marching with 3 Rifles and I sent them a text to wish them all well, but the thing I shall forever miss most about the mob was the cameraderie. It was strange how even the bloke you didn't really have much time for was still judged to be a worthy confidente if you had something weighing you down and he was the only one around. Similarly, if he had a problem it was okay for you to rib him mercilessly, but as a mate, whereas it was fighting talk if an outsider tried it.
    What else do you miss?

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

SLR's

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bloody hell, ugly: that's gotta be a site record, mentioning the Long Gun in the second post.

Edited to add Boots, AP. I miss them. Beautiful, they were. Still got my first pair, all nicely triple-soled and heeled.

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Tongue in cheek but I had to get in quick. I do know what you mean though, I,m at the regt reunion next month and its full on bezzering!

5. I miss the whole thing really but if I was back in it, I would probably remember very quickly, the things I didn't like when I was there. It has been 33 years since I was there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Being young.

• Like Like x 2
  7. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Two tone lightweights!

8. Could be making a comeback yet B & T?????

9. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Hope so!!

When are you back, need to arrange another curry night!

10. On R'n'R at the mo. Due back mid August.

11. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I'll try and sort something.

But back on thread. The sound of a Chieftain starting up.

12. Series 3 Land Rovers. Able to be fixed with a hammer and some black nasty....

13. Lying on the louvres of a 432 on Hohne ranges looking up at a star filled sky

14. Stripping down a fcuked old gene and rebuilding it.

All this new fangled stuff takes all the fun out :cry:

15. All of the above & 303`s. I was ACF first!