What do you mean We didnt realise people didnt like us!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Speedy, May 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For 3 days now on my morning commute I have been bombarded on the Today show with Millipede, Balls and the other potential Liabour 'leadership' candidates all spoutign lines about how they failed to recognise that Joe Public was sick of them, their policies and new laws. In the same peroid the Tory Lib-Dem coalition have busied themselves dismantaling the restricitve and opressive environment this country has adopted in teh past 13 years with not a voice of dissent.
    How could they have failed to judge what we, the citizens of this country, actaully wanted? Were they so out of touch in ivory towers protected by multiple levels of buerocracy and political yes men (and women), and why on Earth should we trust any of this inner circle now wanting the top job?
    A bunch on cnuts, the lot of them.

2. They did not listen Simple as that. The gits tried to tell us how/what to think.

3. And don't blink....

4. It is incredible isn't it? Unless the only news reports they read or watched were those given to them by the press officer they could not have failed to see! I'm half tempted to subscribe No 10 to Private Eye so any incumbent can actually have the opportunity to read what the (educated end of the) public think.

edited for mlaaar-hands

5. I suppose that incident when Broon met Gillian Duffy and the views he aired in his car give a great insight into the fact Labour politicos simply don't like to hear what the general public thinks about issues that concern them. If Labour had not been ousted at the election lord knows what may have happened next. It says somethign when even Ian Hislop on the last Have I Got News For You was actaully smiling and happy about the coalition and teh people in it, and he's on eof the biggest political cynics there is!

6. Just smile.
    And reflect on the fact that's it's like watching lab rats fight in a cage.
    Eventually one will climb to the top.
    He will still be a powerless rat.
    The BBC and the rest of the political world have failed to realise that the world has turned, the important man of yesterday is now nothing. It's a bit like all the Kremlinologists during the Cold War who spent all their time scrutinising the Russians, and who stood next to who on the May Day balconies, and didn't realise that the Soviet Union had imploded while they were watching.
    And yes. They were totally divorced from reality. It's probably because of where Labour tends to get their Parliamentary candidates from. They were all career politicians often from studenthood, then council, or Trade Union operators. Almost none of them had any real-world occupations, and wouldn't know how to talk to the 'working class'. The original founders of the Labour Party must be spinning in their graves at what their Party has decayed into.

7. And I'm supposed to shed a tear for the now unemployed Nu-Lab Commissariat? Don't think so.

Bye, good riddance!

8. "It's probably because of where Labour tends to get their Parliamentary candidates from. They were all career politicians often from studenthood, then council, or Trade Union operators. Almost none of them had any real-world occupations, and wouldn't know how to talk to the 'working class'.

Looking at this creature newly joining the exclusive club in Westminster, except that on Tuesday of this week she had an appointment to call out numbers at bingo in her constituency.

http://order-order.com/2010/05/18/anyone-for-bingo/

Poor dear had to give up her comfy job at Ofcom.

9. [​IMG]

You vill like me! Or else!

10. Has the Labour MP elected to represent the people of Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath turned up for work yet..??..thought not..!!or is he on a permanant well paid 'Biff chit'...CNUT

11. The trouble with Labour is that they refuse to believe anything that did not accord with their lunatic imaginings, the level of political hypnosis was so strong they should all be treated as mentaly unsound

12. No - stare the cnuts down - they'll look away first!

:D

Rodney2q

13. Jesus, it's Hypno Toad!!!

14. :? todays today (am)had Darling on moaning that the new lot were pointing out the panic spending that been carried out just before the 7th may poll,"they are just looking for someone to blame when they cut spending and up tax to cut the overdraft" was his point.
    So Darling who is to blame for the mess?. :?

15. Remember that the BBC (Dir Gen: P. Mandelson - currently recovering from the Election DEFEAT in a Rothschild villa) is still bought and paid for by the 'Prince of Darkness' and until the Coalition get round to clearing this particular Augean stable, we will continue to hear the weeping, sobbing, wailing and pathetic excuses of the remnants of the WORST government ever.

Darling on this morning was unbelievable - if one had not heard with one's own ears the slimy Scottish spendthrift and thief of MY tax money!