Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you LOVE and what do HATE... about the UK

Hate the "underclass" / generational benefit dossers who refuse to be anything but a drain on the system, yet can moan the loudest when they think they are being done out of what they are entitled to. Yet it's too far gone for the government to do anything about them.

Hate that our Police have been reduced to social workers that cant deal with crime or they'll lose their jobs. Hate the fact that our Police also work hard only to see our justice system give out pathetic punishments.

Hate the British media for being nothing but shit stirrers and fearmongers.

Hate British politicians for being lazy bastards that dont actually care for the country, just what they can get out of it. They are destroying the country but refuse to see it.

Hate that we cant have nice things in the streets like other countries do because they'll just be vandalised / nicked.

I generally just hate people, but I cant blame the UK for that. Thats my issue. My misanthropy gets worse as I get older.

Love the countryside. There are some amazingly beautiful places in the UK that just take your breath away.

Love the history. We have such a rich one here for such a small country.
This is a class reply done in the true spirit of the Arrserati Community but far too good to be posted in such a shite thread.

Not a bad title, but shite for context.

Moving on.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Love - ArRSe
Hate - Tossers who start pointless threads.

I love the people. Today was on duty in the van nd stopped by the favourite village bakery for a pasty for lunch and some cakes for us all -they do a mean Custard Slice. Two brickies [according to their van] were waiting for their order. They asked about a job we'd had the day before. I told them what had happened and they were pleased it had all been sorted. Simple concern for their fellow man.

The time I was outside a block of flats where a woman had stabbed her boyfriend. I'm bored stupid when there is a knock on the window and a little old lady is there with a cuppa and a chocky bikkie.

Today there was an old bloke who fell in the road. A mate went and reported 'enthusiastic members of the public controlling traffic, an off duty nurse helping the first responder tend the casualty'.

I genuinely believe that the vast majority of people in this country are decent and caring folk who would be willing to assist another in time of need.

I love the scenery - especially the colours.

I like the beer and whisky

the sense of humour - not the nasty sniping political 'satire' but Morcambe and Wise, The Navy Lark and the episode of Last of the Summer Wine when Compo tried hang-gliding that had me and my dad in total fits of laughter.

The way we deal with adversity. Despite the bollox of the main stream meeja most of the country have Kept Calm and Carried On during the current crisis.

(I also like the tendency for British girls to have large bottoms)

There's much I don't like, essentially anything that isn't dealt with above.

One of the reasons I left the UK because the left had taken over and the backbone of the country had gone and its identity along with it, to much traffic, litter, people, Muslims, pikeys, Eastern Europeans, Essex, violence, the constant rain, no town centers, noise, crime well its all shit.

What I love the people, the beer, the history and Melton mowbray pork pie.
And which eutopian idile did you escape too?

I love the people. Today was on duty in the van nd stopped by the favourite village bakery for a pasty for lunch and some cakes for us all -they do a mean Custard Slice. Two brickies [according to their van] were waiting for their order. They asked about a job we'd had the day before. I told them what had happened and they were pleased it had all been sorted. Simple concern for their fellow man.

The time I was outside a block of flats where a woman had stabbed her boyfriend. I'm bored stupid when there is a knock on the window and a little old lady is there with a cuppa and a chocky bikkie.

Today there was an old bloke who fell in the road. A mate went and reported 'enthusiastic members of the public controlling traffic, an off duty nurse helping the first responder tend the casualty'.

I genuinely believe that the vast majority of people in this country are decent and caring folk who would be willing to assist another in time of need.

I love the scenery - especially the colours.

I like the beer and whisky

the sense of humour - not the nasty sniping political 'satire' but Morcambe and Wise, The Navy Lark and the episode of Last of the Summer Wine when Compo tried hang-gliding that had me and my dad in total fits of laughter.

The way we deal with adversity. Despite the bollox of the main stream meeja most of the country have Kept Calm and Carried On during the current crisis.

(I also like the tendency for British girls to have large bottoms)

There's much I don't like, essentially anything that isn't dealt with above.
Especially this!!!

It has been said they make the rocking world go round
I was just a skinny lad
Never knew no good from bad
But I knew love before I left my nursery
Left alone with big fat Fanny
She was such a naughty nanny
Hey big woman, you made a bad boy out of me:cool::cool::cool::cool::applaud:

Loath Increasing population density. Seem to be building massively overpriced lego ticky tacky boxes just about everywhere. Only problem is no additional infrastructure to service them

Like the fact that even with all the lovely new builds going on I can still be out in the North York moors within 20 min.

Loath Increasing population density. Seem to be building massively overpriced lego ticky tacky boxes just about everywhere. Only problem is no additional infrastructure to service them

Like the fact that even with all the lovely new builds going on I can still be out in the North York moors within 20 min.
Wally Whyton walt!

NSP

LE
Love: That [nearly] everyone speaks English, 'cos so do I.

Hate: All this identity politics, virtue-signalling, knee-taking, woke/BLM wankery.

Love: Pub culture, surely our great contribution to the world.

Hate: The Labour/SNP parties.

NSP

LE
Love: I'm getting off the boat tomorrow!

Hate: This fuckin' boat!

Hate..the way we are sleepwalking into a police state under the pretence of a manufactured pandemic.
Love..the changing seasons and the onset of spring.

Love: The sense of humour and general sense of fair play.

Hate: The distinct lack of it from the people who now seem to be calling the shots.

Yokel

LE
Love: Our shared history and values, and the legacy of the Christian roots of our society (and pre-existing and coexisting belief systems), separation of the law and the individual holding power (the key part of the Magna Carta), and the Scientific method and solving issues logically.

Hate: The way identity politics erodes all of these things.

Latest Threads