What do you LOVE and what do HATE... about the UK

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Love - ArRSe
Hate - Tossers who start pointless threads.

D

Deleted 15653

I love the people. Today was on duty in the van nd stopped by the favourite village bakery for a pasty for lunch and some cakes for us all -they do a mean Custard Slice. Two brickies [according to their van] were waiting for their order. They asked about a job we'd had the day before. I told them what had happened and they were pleased it had all been sorted. Simple concern for their fellow man.

The time I was outside a block of flats where a woman had stabbed her boyfriend. I'm bored stupid when there is a knock on the window and a little old lady is there with a cuppa and a chocky bikkie.

Today there was an old bloke who fell in the road. A mate went and reported 'enthusiastic members of the public controlling traffic, an off duty nurse helping the first responder tend the casualty'.

I genuinely believe that the vast majority of people in this country are decent and caring folk who would be willing to assist another in time of need.

I love the scenery - especially the colours.

I like the beer and whisky

the sense of humour - not the nasty sniping political 'satire' but Morcambe and Wise, The Navy Lark and the episode of Last of the Summer Wine when Compo tried hang-gliding that had me and my dad in total fits of laughter.

The way we deal with adversity. Despite the bollox of the main stream meeja most of the country have Kept Calm and Carried On during the current crisis.

(I also like the tendency for British girls to have large bottoms)

There's much I don't like, essentially anything that isn't dealt with above.

D

Deleted 15400

One of the reasons I left the UK because the left had taken over and the backbone of the country had gone and its identity along with it, to much traffic, litter, people, Muslims, pikeys, Eastern Europeans, Essex, violence, the constant rain, no town centers, noise, crime well its all shit.

What I love the people, the beer, the history and Melton mowbray pork pie.
And which eutopian idile did you escape too?

D

Deleted 15400

I love the people. Today was on duty in the van nd stopped by the favourite village bakery for a pasty for lunch and some cakes for us all -they do a mean Custard Slice. Two brickies [according to their van] were waiting for their order. They asked about a job we'd had the day before. I told them what had happened and they were pleased it had all been sorted. Simple concern for their fellow man.

The time I was outside a block of flats where a woman had stabbed her boyfriend. I'm bored stupid when there is a knock on the window and a little old lady is there with a cuppa and a chocky bikkie.

Today there was an old bloke who fell in the road. A mate went and reported 'enthusiastic members of the public controlling traffic, an off duty nurse helping the first responder tend the casualty'.

I genuinely believe that the vast majority of people in this country are decent and caring folk who would be willing to assist another in time of need.

I love the scenery - especially the colours.

I like the beer and whisky

the sense of humour - not the nasty sniping political 'satire' but Morcambe and Wise, The Navy Lark and the episode of Last of the Summer Wine when Compo tried hang-gliding that had me and my dad in total fits of laughter.

The way we deal with adversity. Despite the bollox of the main stream meeja most of the country have Kept Calm and Carried On during the current crisis.

(I also like the tendency for British girls to have large bottoms)

There's much I don't like, essentially anything that isn't dealt with above.
Especially this!!!

D

Deleted 15400

It has been said they make the rocking world go round
I was just a skinny lad
Never knew no good from bad
But I knew love before I left my nursery
Left alone with big fat Fanny
She was such a naughty nanny
Hey big woman, you made a bad boy out of me:cool::cool::cool::cool::applaud:

Loath Increasing population density. Seem to be building massively overpriced lego ticky tacky boxes just about everywhere. Only problem is no additional infrastructure to service them

Like the fact that even with all the lovely new builds going on I can still be out in the North York moors within 20 min.

Loath Increasing population density. Seem to be building massively overpriced lego ticky tacky boxes just about everywhere. Only problem is no additional infrastructure to service them

Like the fact that even with all the lovely new builds going on I can still be out in the North York moors within 20 min.
Wally Whyton walt!

NSP

LE
Love: That [nearly] everyone speaks English, 'cos so do I.

Hate: All this identity politics, virtue-signalling, knee-taking, woke/BLM wankery.

Love: Pub culture, surely our great contribution to the world.

Hate: The Labour/SNP parties.

NSP

LE
Love: I'm getting off the boat tomorrow!

Hate: This fuckin' boat!

Hate..the way we are sleepwalking into a police state under the pretence of a manufactured pandemic.
Love..the changing seasons and the onset of spring.

Love: The sense of humour and general sense of fair play.

Hate: The distinct lack of it from the people who now seem to be calling the shots.

Yokel

LE
Love: Our shared history and values, and the legacy of the Christian roots of our society (and pre-existing and coexisting belief systems), separation of the law and the individual holding power (the key part of the Magna Carta), and the Scientific method and solving issues logically.

Hate: The way identity politics erodes all of these things.

I hate political correctness and the related ideologically driven attempts to rewrite our history. Despite the supine roll-over of many academics faced with this mongfest, there is still everything to fight for. Though maybe not like this image. Southern English thatched idyll/Highland soldier !!!!! As for what I love, just listen to the lyrics of Ralph McTell's song 'England' (Full version). It is on Youtube.

Attachments

• Recruitment.jpg
    Recruitment.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
As for what I love, just listen to the lyrics of Ralph McTell's song 'England' (Full version). It is on Youtube.

Yes, but what do you love about the UK (as per the thread title)?

The song says it better than I ever could.

What is it about you, makes me feel this way?
When I'm leaving you, when I'm coming home
I'm lost for words to say.
And I know your faults and failures,
And the troubles that you've been through.
But it's more about what happens now
And what were coming to.

And the echo from the green hills
Runs through her city streets,
And the sun that shines on England
Well it lifts the heart in me.

What is it about you, that took men into war?
Rows and rows of headstones: Who remembers why what for?
The corners of these foreign fields,
The dust in them concealed.
Out of sight but not out of mind,
Don't you know that England feels?

Runs through the city streets.
The rain that falls on England
Well it washes care from me.

England, oh England
England, oh England
England, oh England

Don't make this out a battle hymn or a song of victory.
It's just a way to try to say what England means to me.
And our accents and our colours change
From the city to the farmland
From the moorland to the mountain,
From the river to the sea.

Runs through the city streets
The rain that falls on England
Well it washes care from me.

England, oh England
England, oh England
England, oh England

From the rolling road to the winding lane,