What do you guys think?

Hiya Guys

Ill give you a bit of background first, im 24 with a 15 month old baby girl and girlfriend (well sort of) i DOAR back in 2007 wasnt the best idea but i cant say that really because my baby girl woundnt be here then, also since i left i completed a degree in photography.

Since finishing my degree all i want to do is get back in the army its all i want to do and i wont be happy till im in, but me and the girlfriend have done nothing but fight about this since, in the end i ended move out of our house and going back to live my mam (its s**t). we are slowly getting things sorted again n she coming round to the idea and shes even taking about getting married after i finish after my training (if i get in). My reasons for this is not just not about me, but my little girl, i want the best for her and i cant do that pushing paper about for peanuts like im doing now. I no theres i down side to having a dad in the army but i was a army kid myself and i have nothing but good memories of it.

ive applyed already and just waiting on glasgow to see what they say.

So do you guys think im doin the right thing or should i consider other options, whats it like be a army dad and whats family life like now

Thanks guys...........................be gentle

Join the TA and do both.

msr

Whiskey_60 said:
Fcuk the dorris off, pay your CSA, be the best part time dad you can be. You get one shot at life, settle for nothing less than what you want.
Exactly what I was going to say.

Whiskey_60 said:
Fcuk the dorris off, pay your CSA, be the best part time dad you can be. You get one shot at life, settle for nothing less than what you want.
To tell you the truth its going to end up that way i think, but what are the chances ill get posted to catterick because my little girl will be in middlesbrough (the s**t hole that it is). Thats as long everthing goes the way i want it.

shinobi1985 said:
Whiskey_60 said:
To tell you the truth its going to end up that way i think, but what are the chances ill get posted to catterick because my little girl will be in middlesbrough (the s**t hole that it is). Thats as long everthing goes the way i want it.
Little if any, if you're joining the Infantry try and join 2nd Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment (2YORKS) as they are based at Blackpool (there is no gaurentee you'll get posted to 2 YORKS, this is assuming you're joining the Infantry), it's about the best you'll get but personally I wouldn't base my decision on a military Career on being close to my family. It will rarely work out that way unless they move with you.

Whiskey_60 said:
shinobi1985 said:
Whiskey_60 said:
Little if any, if you're joining the Infantry try and join 2nd Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment (2YORKS) as they are based at Blackpool (there is no gaurentee you'll get posted to 2 YORKS, this is assuming you're joining the Infantry), it's about the best you'll get but personally I wouldn't base my decision on a military Career on being close to my family. It will rarely work out that way unless they move with you.
i'm hopfuly will be join the Royal Signals as a CS Op and a military career is what im after, i think your right i suposse anywere in the uk is just a drive away to see her, but still the girlfriend might see the light and move with me.
(thats if it all goes to plan)

But is the Army a good enviroment to bring up a child these days?

shinobi1985 said:
Whiskey_60 said:
shinobi1985 said:
Whiskey_60 said:
i'm hopfuly will be join the Royal Signals as a CS Op and a military career is what im after, i think your right i suposse anywere in the uk is just a drive away to see her, but still the girlfriend might see the light and move with me.

It never did me any harm wibble wibble NURSE!!

shinobi1985 said:
Whiskey_60 said:
shinobi1985 said:
Whiskey_60 said:

Urgh, Signals?! Forget all my advice, you aren't WORTHY of it! :D

Whiskey_60 said:
shinobi1985 said:
Whiskey_60 said:
shinobi1985 said:
Whiskey_60 said:

Urgh, Signals?! Forget all my advice, you aren't WORTHY of it! :D
Ok ha ha. Is there any advise that im worthy of or is it on a need to know basis. :D

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
shinobi1985 said:
Hiya Guys

Ill give you a bit of background first, im 24 with a 15 month old baby girl and girlfriend (well sort of) i DOAR back in 2007 wasnt the best idea but i cant say that really because my baby girl woundnt be here then, also since i left i completed a degree in photography.

Since finishing my degree all i want to do is get back in the army its all i want to do and i wont be happy till im in, but me and the girlfriend have done nothing but fight about this since, in the end i ended move out of our house and going back to live my mam (its s**t). we are slowly getting things sorted again n she coming round to the idea and shes even taking about getting married after i finish after my training (if i get in). My reasons for this is not just not about me, but my little girl, i want the best for her and i cant do that pushing paper about for peanuts like im doing now. I no theres i down side to having a dad in the army but i was a army kid myself and i have nothing but good memories of it.

So do you guys think im doin the right thing or should i consider other options, whats it like be a army dad and whats family life like now

Thanks guys...........................be gentle[/quote

If you're a graduate. and this is the standard of your English. What did you get? a Gentleman's Third? or a Pass?

1 Bn Duke of Lancs are based at Catterick, Somme Bks. 2 Bn are in Cyprus though, so watch out which one you choose ;)
Then there's 4 Bn DoL which is TA..

Mr_Fingerz said:
shinobi1985 said:
Hiya Guys

Thanks guys...........................be gentle[/quote

If you're a graduate. and this is the standard of your English. What did you get? a Gentleman's Third? or a Pass?
In fact i got a 2/1, and i'm sorry i didn't know i was going to marked on my spelling and grammer, i thourght it was a forum and not a dissertation. But to be honest my english isn't great but thats why i did a degree in Photography and not in English.

Also i'm amazed that you took the effot to read through it and comment on my spelling and grammer.

Well Done B+ for observation

Hmmm... what do I think?
Well, a spelling Nazi has picked up on my first reaction, which as a graduate (2:1? Really? Jesus....) regardless of subject, your spelling and grammar are shocking, so I'll gloss over that.
My second is why did you really DAOR? Don't answer it here, think about it long and hard, and be totally honest with yourself. You did it once, why should the army spend money on you again?
My third thought is that in the current round of semi-constant operations, even if you are posted to Catterick, how much time are you going to spend with your daughter?
Why do you want to be a soldier? What can you give the army? These are not digs at you, but what is going to be asked all the way through the re-enlistment process.
Good luck with whatever you do choose though.