What do you do with these people?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by craign, Apr 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Life. No ifs, no buts. Life with minimum tariff of not less than 20 years.

2. Hang them
  3. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

At first glance what appears to be even more shocking about this case is that 2 of the scrotes wangled a lesser charge of manslaughter. A Prosecutor with no balls, either the poor guy was murdered or not.
  4. Bring back public floggings and the stocks i say
  5. Perhaps they too should be tortured to death? An eye for an eye anyone...?
  6. To think, that 56 years ago a mentally sub-normal bloke, who was in Police Custody at the time, was hung for saying 'Let him have it, Chris'

(Whether he meant by 'let him have it', ie: shoot PC Miles or let him have the GUN is immaterial in my mind. He was already under arrest and did not pull the trigger. My belief is that he meant the latter, not the former)

We've now gone too far the other way, when others involved in this crime can get off with a manslaughter charge
  7. Lets not **** about,no torture,no public hanging or clamping them in irons,and why bother keeping them alive for another 20+years at public expense? lethal injection followed by cremation is the way to go IMO.
  8. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

We don't have that option and I doubt if we will ever have again. What we can ensure is that Life sentences actually mean something.

The average time in UK clink for someone sentenced to life is actually 13.7 years. In my view that is not enough.
  9. Inject them with mind altering drugs. Wire them up and pump them full of images and sounds that might make them feel mentally the pain they dished out to the victim. Repeat this a hundred times and then repeat again. After that we can consider the lethal injection.

As we can't actually do this, we've got to make sure that life means life and that the time spent is as grim as possible.

*Edited for spelling.
  10. The simple answer, without delving into the realms of fantasy is to make a life sentence 'natural life', till you shuffle off this mortal coil.

I believe the principle objection to it comes from the Prison Service... As a prisoner who knows he'll never see the world beyond the walls again is a very dangerous beastie.
  11. Not a very dangerous beastie if you are controlling him with a cattle prod.