What do you do when youred bored on stag?

P

PrinceAlbert

Guest
#2
Bored on stag??!! Surely that doesn't happen??!!

I give it 5 mins before someone mentions smashing one out on the top of a heater in NI :roll:
 
#4
FR_Trooper said:
just wondering if anyone had anything that they do when they are on stag so they dont get bored or fall asleep.
Well in your case, and considering your threat level in the UK when on stag you may as well crack one off and get your head down.....
 
#5
PrinceAlbert said:
Bored on stag??!! Surely that doesn't happen??!!

I give it 5 mins before someone mentions smashing one out on the top of a heater in NI :roll:
SAS Site Sennelager 1968 my fist bomb site guard
 
#6
Don't have time to be bored, after I've had a nap, catched up on some reading and taken time out to perve at any attractive women that go past, my 2 hours was over in a flash!
 
#7
I learned to sleep (lightly) standing up.The carrying handle on the S.L.R. would hook nicely on the 58 Patt. web belt so it looked (from a distance) like you were holding it.It helped to stand in a 'crunchy' area gravel etc or to fabricate one, only got caught once slept too deeply and fell over (seen by Sgt),Oh how we laughed!
 
#9
Super glueing a fifty pence piece to the pavement outside the Belfast telephone exchange and watching thick paddys trying to pick it up on the CCTV was always a good laugh
 
#12
I know of a guy who decided to write a letter to his mate to see how long the internal postal system took.

Needless to say his mate was in the other sanger at the time and watched as the author of the letter got caught by his BSM. Charged - 14 days. Ha ha!
 
#13
On a site guard at Munster Nord we used to have a phone in quiz.
questions were read out over the radio and the guys on the towers had to phone in the answers.
Just before change over once we were asked to write down the 52 states of America.
Between us we only managed to get 50 so we asked the septics who were guarding the inner compound which two we missed.
They managed to get 44 of the 52 states.
Yanks, you have to love them.
 
#14
52 States in America?

Hmmmmm......

(Wah Shield UP)
Unless i'm missing something I thought there were only 50 states.
(Wah Shield DOWN)
 
#15
We trundled up to one of the gates one night at Shaibah after a lengthy road move, after clearing the chicane things there was no movement from either sanger and after a couple of loud long pips of the lead vehicles horn a little bloke came steaming out of the right hand sangar putting his gear on and fumbling round for some keys..We debussed to unload and had the humurous sight of the guard commander screaming at a fat bird poking her head out helmetless, no bodyarmour on and monged with sleep, f*cking Royal Signals again.. :D
 
#16
Never heard of the wank sock
 
#17
Apparently you could Knock one out into the eyepiece of the CWS sight for the next user.
 
#18
Three things spring to mind:

1. Grasping handle of top sangar at Killyvilly PVCP and noticing slimy stuff - Jock zipping up and smiling strangely.

2. Night stag (about 3am) on PVCP near Lisnaskea and hearing slow, heavy breathing on net. Whispered Jock voice "Raven are you out there?" Reply "I canny come in. They drew first blood". Net Controller "ID yourself callsign!". Jock voice "I canny. They drew first blood!".

3. RIR chap on PVCP duty with headphones and firefly being directed along 'player's' vehicle as if the firefly was a detecting bit of kit "The boot looks suspicious". Always wondered if PIRA Int thought we had some new fangled piece of kit rather than some bored squaddie having a laugh.

Idle hands etc but it caused a hoot in the PVCP and he was never found!
 

Alsacien

MIA
Moderator
#19
tropper66 said:
Super glueing a fifty pence piece to the pavement outside the Belfast telephone exchange and watching thick paddys trying to pick it up on the CCTV was always a good laugh
CCTV?
I thought in your day brass telescopes were considered state-of-the-art?

Your passing off parade was a painting IIRC :wink:
 

Alsacien

MIA
Moderator
#20
reni_77 said:
We trundled up to one of the gates one night at Shaibah after a lengthy road move, after clearing the chicane things there was no movement from either sanger and after a couple of loud long pips of the lead vehicles horn a little bloke came steaming out of the right hand sangar putting his gear on and fumbling round for some keys..We debussed to unload and had the humurous sight of the guard commander screaming at a fat bird poking her head out helmetless, no bodyarmour on and monged with sleep, f*cking Royal Signals again.. :D
It was'nt sleep that made her look dopey - she was recovering, the little bloke is known throughout the Corps as tripod..... :wink:
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Aviation 1
Jip Travolta Current Affairs, News and Analysis 7
dogmonkey The Book Club 222

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads