What do women bring to war

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by granddad, Oct 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am curious, I have now watched the BBC's documentaries re the Rifles and Sandhurst (albeit - can't access the 3rd installment of the Sandhurst docu?)

Sandhurst does the girl thing as in a girl can only be part of the army if she is somehow 'kept safe' by which I mean she is an officer.

I don't see brave intelligent women being a part of the rifles or highlander regiments for example - sorry for my ignorance if this is not the case. However I would be interested in knowing if you have served under a female officer, and if you think it makes any difference one way or another? Suffice to say, are women just as capable of being on the ground and being a soldier if that is their choice?

2. Look up Sandhurst3 on Youtube.

3. There have been numerous cases of female soldiers being recognised for bravery during Ops Telic and Herrick. These individuals have stuck up two fingers to the naysayers, gone on patrol with the lads, carried the same kit and achieved above and beyond what was asked of them when it counted.

That said however, the vast majority of females in the army are fat lazy whores.

• Like Like x 10
  4. Numerous MCs for female medics.

From a personal POV, it was the female tech on TELIC 1 that had massive jugs that I used to leer at. Hubba.

• Like Like x 1
  5. lol - can you give a specific example - I have studied both first and second world warfare (trench) and have the upmost respect for those both every young ( 14yrs of age) and older (but still very young in the grand scheme of things) my respect and love is with those that really have given up everything - the most important thing of all - their life! Could you please tell me how women, in your experience, are not taking this seriously? Please be frank - it's important.

6. Slightly odd question for a new poster.

Any particular reason why it's so important?

7. So your interest in stench trenches was inspired by the first world war?

• Like Like x 1
  8. i call journo :D

9. Don't know how to do linky thing, but google Capt. Nicola Goddard (Canadian Forces.) Hardly had a "safe" job, despite being an officer. BTW, my sister, a Sgt in the Reserves was one of the better Scorpion gunners I've known, served in Afgh and Bosnia, was often unsafe but did her job all the same, put many guys she served with to shame.

By the way, you say you studied WW2 trench warfare extensively? Fascinating. Do expound....

10. No, but I wouldn't mind trying one, as long as she was slim enough to lift herself off afterwards...

11. What do women bring to war?

Lots of unnecessary kit and attitude in my experience. But I must also say that there are many who are thoroughly professional.

Were women ever in the trenches?

They make great spies though don't they eh? Ruthless, fearless, determined, treacherous and deadly. Just like my ex.

• Like Like x 1
  12. You've obviously never met a woman in the Army. Jog on.

13. Normally the L85A1 with 4 full mags.

14. No, I am no journo. I am the granddaughter of a soldier who was part of the D-Day landings (he lost his right eye). I studied both the first and second world because that was my schools way - I am thankful for that - it has given me an ever lasting appreciation for what others do for you - I really do have that appreciation - I miss my bloody granddad - he was amazing!

15. Maybe an A2 ;-)