What do these mean?

carborundum

Clanker
Gentle ladies,

I have been given a choice of three dates by a regiment I sent a fam visit inquiry to (see below). However after each date there is, which I'm guessing are, the name of the event and the context of the event? I haven't been able to glean much from google, all I would like to know is if any of you guys have any idea what each one may consist of so I can make more of an informed decision and hopefully appear to know what I'm talking about.

Although I could make an accurate guess of the first two I don't know what the third one could be.

10 – 12 Oct 14

CHARGE 2

Pl Offensive Actions
-----------------------------

12 – 14 Dec 14

SPIRIT

Bn Competition
-------------------------------

6 – 8 Feb 15

THUNDER 2

Pl / Coy (Bn Weekend)

Thank you for your time and apologies if these are pretty obvious to the more green of you but I come from a very civilian background.

Is this an application to the TA? It seems like a normal training weekend to me - the whole batallion is out but training is at company level maybe?

carborundum

Clanker
No not TA, regular officer application. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm lumped in and I wouldn't mind either way as to be honest I just want to get a taste of what the Army is like as I have no idea other than watching youtube videos!

2/51

LE
I presume your fam visit coincides with events that are happening. So, for example, the second date implies that there is a battalion competition on that day, and perhaps it would be a good chance for you to see the battalion competing.

Many many moons ago my fam visit was to Pennisula Barracks, Winchester. There was very little on and I spent most of the day walking around having various building pointed out to me. It was not exciting in the least! Regiments will want to show you the "fun" stuff to get you interested, so will try and get visits to coincide with events/training.

Gentle ladies,

Stop that now.

10 – 12 Oct 14

CHARGE 2

Pl Offensive Actions

Platoon Offensive actions - out on the ground looking for a fight. Expect a patrol with kit and platoon weapons, orders and rehearsals before you depart at zero dark.
Bn Competition

Could be anything from boxing to military skills, or a combination of sports and military stuff.
-------------------------------

6 – 8 Feb 15
THUNDER 2

Pl / Coy (Bn Weekend)

Sounds like de-centralised training; responsibility given to platoon / company.

My guess would be that the first ex will be the "warry" one, if thats what you're looking for. maybe see if you can "pick and mix".

Latest Threads