Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

what do the lads think of this

podge

Swinger
RADIO bosses faced furious complaints after soccer legend Rodney Marsh gave a girl news reader the giggles - while she read a report of a British soldier's death in Afghanistan.

Robyn Schonhofer laughed uncontrollably for almost a minute after announcing the landmine tragedy in her bulletin on Talk Sport.

She told shocked listeners that former England and QPR star Marsh, 61, had hit his head on a microphone.

Chuckling Marsh then mocked the bulletin, calling it "comedy news".

Tory MP Mark Lancaster said: "It was disrespectful to the memory of the soldier, who served his country proudly."

Marsh's co-presenter Adrian Durham apologised for the gaffe on Wednesday. He said: "It was not in great taste."

Talk Sport is Britain's largest commercial speech radio' station. Programme Director Bill Ridley said last night: "We deeply regret the incident."

Joker Marsh was fired by Sky Sports last year for a pun about the tsunami disaster -speaking of Newcastle's "Toon Army in Asia". And when England boss Alf Ramsey once threatened to "pull him off at half-time" cheeky Marsh quipped: "I normally only get a cup of tea and an orange."

should i feel so p... off about this .

They should make Marsh do the next Casualty Notification, see those parents and loved ones devastated, then see if he thinks its all a laugh. Pr1ck

Even better, send the cnut out to bastion for a cheer up the troops visit. Sure the colleagues of the guy would be glad to see him! W@nker of the highest order

Programme Director Bill Ridley said last night: "We deeply regret the incident."

What he meant to say is, quality,now listening figures will go up, as people listen in to see if we do anything else.

So what will they really do, fcuk all, thats it, good old rodders will carry on,they will carry on making money, but i must remember when rodders dies to phone talk sport and say 'good news' wonder if they will broadcast that.

What an absolute pr1ck. I remember when he said that on SkySports as well. Send him out to the fcuking sandpit and see if he laughs then.

Just emailed the studio about it, see what reply i get shall we.

reply so far is Thank you for your email! Rest assured, our highly trained team of web monkeys are processing them now!

Now I am no fan of the Mockney pr1ck, but it was not actually his fault was it... the dozy bint laughed because he hit his head on a mic FFS... The stupid bint should be the one getting a slap (and slap Marsh aswell for breathing).

TalkSport Webpage: ROBYN SCHONHOFER

Robyn gives the impression she is some real posh totty but she’s really the salt-of-the-earth and as common-as-muck (joke Robyn!) Her language is enough to make a mechanic blush and some obscenities wouldn’t even make it into Jim Davidson’s routine – although, admittedly, it’s usually aimed at The Moose.

In case you didn’t know by the tattoo on her forehead and the fact she mentions it every chance she gets, Robyn is a supporter of her hometown club, Brighton & Hove Albion, and can often be seen rubbing shoulders with The Seagulls’ biggest fans like Des Lynam’s moustache.

Possibly a quick break with BFBS might open Robyn's eyes as to why so many people will view her conduct as posted here. I sincerely hope that Robyn realises this and hopefully apologises on air at the earliest opportunity.

As for Rodney Marsh - I recall the football playing days, and have witnessed his time as a pundit, but can't quite recall exactly what his military background was. Perhaps an ARRSE'r could remind me?!

but can't quite recall exactly what his military background was. Perhaps an ARRSE'r could remind me?!

allegedly he used to get anally dry buggered at Catterick in the 60s

An Talk Sports monkeys still aint replied