What do the Board Results Say to You?

To me they say PD6 has well and truly kicked in. I thought things were looking forward, commissioning a good proportion of FofS/YofS but no, I only see a few long in the tooth Supervisors (rightly or wrongly) promoted along with a massive whack of RDs. Why was this? Are there that many WO2 RD slots?
What happened to promoting excellence? Who is going to fill the WO2 Supvr slots...SSgts with acting rank, not pensionable? Theft by policy in my mind!!!
If that posting order ever says '18 Sigs' on it the Padre can expect a call, if I'm going to be marking time, I'm doing it in comfort. Bahamas Territorial J6 Liaison Offr here I come!!!

Missed out on promotion then?

It says to me lots of pissed off blokes and a few happy blokes. I suppose it's been the same since humans decided to have some type of hierarchy.
Spot on. Just about sums up the annual Promotion Board back story.

Top third, middle third? :)
been in current rank for 2 years (1 year acting) without an SJAR or MPAR so I don't know. At my current place, probably bottom third (of 3) in trade, maybe just maybe a sniff at middle in rank. I don't have a problem with the unit though, just the Corps policy directive on promotion.

To be honest unless you've got an A grade SJAR you're not looking at picking up within the first two years in rank unless there is no one else to promote. Acting rank doesn't count either.

To be honest unless you've got an A grade SJAR you're not looking at picking up within the first two years in rank unless there is no one else to promote. Acting rank doesn't count either.
Minimum of A- I believe. BUT that isn't going to help young thrusters that a stuck in rank for 5 years before the board gets to see their SJAR.

been in current rank for 2 years (1 year acting) without an SJAR or MPAR so I don't know. At my current place, probably bottom third (of 3) in trade, maybe just maybe a sniff at middle in rank. I don't have a problem with the unit though, just the Corps policy directive on promotion.
Good luck. I reckon the whole promotion board system will be struggling to keep up with the ever-changing Establishment tables at the moment! Opportunities will inevitably become more rarer as the numbers are culled.

Those personnel who are most vociferous after a non successful promotion result are in the main, *******.

The truth is a cutting mistress.

Those personnel who are most vociferous after a non successful promotion result are in the main, *******.

The truth is a cutting mistress.
Are you referring to me, because I'm out of bracket so just have to wait (as opposed to perform) or are you referring to the 264 Sabre Sqn YofS's who can't promote because of PD6 or are you referring to those that have got promoted because they are the ones in bracket?
SOinC is a cutting mistress I think.

or are you referring to the 264 Sabre Sqn YofS's who can't promote because of PD6
They are the victims of their own success, completing a Supervisory course and gaining SSgt rank at a very young age. They cannot be promoted to WO2 until they reach a certain age (I am out of the loop now, so I have no idea what age is stipulated in the current version of PD6 or indeed what is mandated by Director Manning (Army)). This is not a recent development, it was ever thus. The key is to keep them enthused and stimulated by giving them interesting jobs until they reach the right age - I suspect it doesn't get more interesting in the Corps for a young Supervisor (of whatever ilk) than the unit (and sub-unit) you have mentioned.

16 year point, maybe minus 15 with an A-. This has nothing to do with DM(A) it is SOinC driven. People are getting promoted because they fit the time served/in rank (which has now moved to the extreme right) profile. The mechanism for commissioning our best supervisors early enough so that the can compete with their peers has been removed with PD6. Bear in mind that these are the people that can drive the Corps forward because they understand what communications are all about as opposed to their DE equivalent, the Corps has chopped itself off at the knees.

Edited due to drunkeness

1. According to RLC APC the grade of your SJAR doesn't matter - that is only there cos the Crabs and Matelots wanted it. Since they (RLC APC) work closely with all the other APC wings I'd say that policy is probably APC wide, if not then at least quite widespread.

2. If you haven't had an SJAR or MPAR for two years, then you're not looking out for yourself or your career. If you can't be arrsed to do that, why should your CoC? If you haven't had an MPAR, you should be making noise. If you haven't had an SJAR you should be kicking right off. If you can't do it for yourself, will you do it for those you're looking after; in this rank or the one up?

3. PD6 was quite rushed into service and (from an outsider looking in) was quite brutal for those it affected. Just like all similar policies it works within the framework of VEng but ignores the fact that no bugger got VEng so lots are being seen off...in my opinion it should have been phased in with those new joiners who start with VEng. But then, I'm sure some brighter light than me made the decisions with more information.

1. According to RLC APC the grade of your SJAR doesn't matter - that is only there cos the Crabs and Matelots wanted it. Since they (RLC APC) work closely with all the other APC wings I'd say that policy is probably APC wide, if not then at least quite widespread.

2. If you haven't had an SJAR or MPAR for two years, then you're not looking out for yourself or your career. If you can't be arrsed to do that, why should your CoC? If you haven't had an MPAR, you should be making noise. If you haven't had an SJAR you should be kicking right off. If you can't do it for yourself, will you do it for those you're looking after; in this rank or the one up?

3. PD6 was quite rushed into service and (from an outsider looking in) was quite brutal for those it affected. Just like all similar policies it works within the framework of VEng but ignores the fact that no bugger got VEng so lots are being seen off...in my opinion it should have been phased in with those new joiners who start with VEng. But then, I'm sure some brighter light than me made the decisions with more information.
1. Can't grasp your point here.
2. Last unit had poor CoC to say the least. My current CoC is choc full of laser beams and ninjas so reporting in hand. As for anyone sitting below me, they do alright.
3. I think you're overestimating the brightness of the lights involved with assessing the impact of their policy change. As for VEng, my name didn't fall out of the tombola.

MB

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Biffta112 Reports & Promotion 1
Gaz_SWVOC Royal Signals 39
Back_at_RD Officers 9