Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do Royal Engineers do while not deployed?

Hi all. I'm currently in the process of becoming a carpenter in the royal engineers, just wondering what ill likely be doing while not deployed?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Hi all. I'm currently in the process of becoming a carpenter in the royal engineers, just wondering what ill likely be doing while not deployed?

Depends upon where and to whom you are posted.

You’re not a carpenter.

You’re a soldier first.

Then a combat engineer.

If you’re not doing one of those you may be called on to use your construction trade.

As already said, the mix of your activities will depend on which squadron you are sent to and what tasks they are given to do while you’re with them.

You could find yourself on a construction tour doing mainly wood butchery for six months, or sent to some far flung place where you do combat engineer training (or indeed operations).

You also have the option of applying for airborne or commando training, or something interesting like search or EOD.

RE used to blow holes in runways etc and then fill them in. Saw a couple of demos in RAFG, quite spectacular and the Engineers were of course as happy as pigs in sh1t blowing things up.

ancient_lbv

Old-Salt
When not deployed, the chisel-featured Adonis’ normally wander around Chatham giving the local ladies* multiple orgasms by the merest hint of a glance at them.**

* Other descriptions are available
** According to a mate

You should manage your expectations. Very few army trades actually do their professional trade day to day. Routine in barrack activity is very similar across most units. My experience is that the int corps probably spend most amount of time doing professional trade related activity.

You should manage your expectations. Very few army trades actually do their professional trade day to day. Routine in barrack activity is very similar across most units. My experience is that the int corps probably spend most amount of time doing professional trade related activity.
Could be worse - you could be an Infanteer. 95% of days look like:

Wake Up
Breakfast
Muster parade
PT
Wanking in block
Lunch
Wanking in block
Knock off parade
Wanking in block
Dinner
Wanking in block
Sleep

Mattb

LE
Could be worse - you could be an Infanteer. 95% of days look like:

Wake Up
Breakfast
Muster parade
PT
Wanking in block
Lunch
Wanking in block
Knock off parade
Wanking in block
Dinner
Wanking in block
Sleep
Best not mention the specific wanking duties of HCav regiments.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

My old Corps spends nearly all of its time on its professional trade.

Latest Threads