What do NCOs want in an Officer?

R

Red_Troop

What qualities and skills do NCO's want in Officers to make them easy to work with and get on well?

Thanks

Red_Troop said:
What qualities and skills do NCO's want in Officers to make them easy to work with and get on well?

Thanks
Newly qualified Subby Alert! :twisted:

Common sense, the ability to listen and accept advice would be near the top of most lists

Red_Troop said:

Thanks
An ability to not be around alot, make a good brew and lastly, hand the map over.

sorry, the voices told me to post this.

listen to the people who have been doing the job without you for years.
Never ever touch a map
If you really think something needs changing, ask why if its been tried your 'new' way. (usually it has and that's why we are doing it this way)

Red_Troop said:
Barkers said:
Red_Troop said:

Thanks
Newly qualified Subby Alert! :twisted:
I presume thats something bad! :oops: :oops:
No, it's not. Was one myself. Lot's of good advice above, I'd add that you must form a solid working relationship with your SNCO. Give him plenty of rope/scope/respect, but remember the buck stops with you! And I'm not being funny now!

I want a female S/Lt to wear full webbing and to face my main mast and salute :D

"Silence" whilst grown ups are talking.

Listen to experience before quoting from the Pam.