What do all you fcuking *********** think of Deadwood then?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Tartan_Terrier, Feb 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I watched Deadwood last night for the first time, and apart from the fact that I couldn't quite get used to seeing 'Lovejoy' (Ian McShane) as a bad guy, I quite enjoyed it.

As to the swearing, while I can quite understand that they wanted it to be more 'gritty and realistic', I think they've overdone it a bit, as there didn't seem to be a natural flow to the dialogue.

What's the verdict of ARRSE?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348914/

2. I think there over doing it in trying to be "raw", but it certainly has its strengths.

3. Only watched it to see Doris Day doing her 'Whip crack-away' routine. Well dissapointed.

4. fookin loved the whole series.

the lesbo bit was good too, oh and the street fight.

5. Ain't seen it, but would be a little disappointed if Doris Day didn't put on a good show, so I guess I am happy I missed it all.

6. Lessers in it?

Were they fit?

Im expecting links to piccies of said actress's here!

7. Isn't lovejoy the bad guy in quite a few films? Sure I saw him one about robbery or something.

8. Thats not a piccie of Wild West lesbians M2G...!

9. The series is OK. I think it gets tedious as it goes along. I watched about 7-8 episodes of series one before deciding not to bother.

10. Is this the spin off from Dr. Who? If so, I've seen just trailers and glimpses and can conclude it looks crap. Then again, I don't suck c0ck so maybe that's the problem. :safe:

11. That's torchwood. Deadwood is an American series set in the 'wild west'. It aired on Sky One iirc.

12. Oh, doh! I haven't got SKY. Mainstream crap is good enough for me. Though I have concluded that Deadwood sounds crap.

13. I won't give it away cos it's a nice surprise when it happens but I will say it's the two you would least expect.

I read a write-up that said the scriptwriters gave the actors the skelington of the plot and half the time they ad-libbed the story. I thought it was an interesting play on spontaneity.

14. ..That would be "Sexy Beast"..Co starring Ray Winstone, Amanda Redman, and Ben Kingsley..Top quality film..Go see tomorrow..almost as many FCUKS as Goodfellas...Enjoy.

15. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Sexy Beast: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0203119/