What didn't live up to the hype?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Steven, May 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Moving on from http://www.arrse.co.uk/naafi-bar/198387-what-best-thing-you-have-ever-had-your-mouth-part-2-a.html#post5058159 I just thought of the other end of the scale.

Not what was the worst thing but what was the thing that didn't live up to expectations?

For me it must have been a steak I had in the "Cafe de Paris" Geneva.

Touted as the home of this style of steak in Butter sauce, well it was overwhelmingly mediocre and a sore disappointment.

I am expecting more arseholes, bellends and lady garden stories but some more originals ones would be good as well.

2. This thread.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Your Mum.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Not even with your's, thanks.

5. Findus Lasagne, strangely gamey.

• Like Like x 2
  6. She's in Widnes Crem. Good luck with that one.

7. Truffles, super expensive but mediocre at best.

8. Caviar. People only like it because it's expensive and they don't want to admit it's over-priced salty shite.

• Like Like x 10
  9. Pan fried scallops!!! Theres always someone on some cookery show doing them, I tried them found them uninspiring

sent from my padded room in kents finest secure unit

• Like Like x 1
  10. New Labour.

• Like Like x 3
  11. and why "pan fried"? What the fuck else is the average housefrau likely to fry them in?

Alright I know that there are a few on here who would use mess tins for everything but not normal people.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sa80 a1

• Like Like x 4
  13. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Marriage

• Like Like x 8
  14. She* will turn into a sex hating harpie with a voice like blunt razorblades the minute the wedding dress is packed away?

Wasn't this what you were expecting?

*Sorry about that.
    For She read She/he/it/them/those/that or whichever non-gender specific nomenclature that you choose, or don't choose, or something.

• Like Like x 4
  15. shagging my ASM's wife.

wasn't anywhere as good as I hoped

• Like Like x 1