What didn't live up to the hype?

Moving on from http://www.arrse.co.uk/naafi-bar/19...ever-had-your-mouth-part-2-a.html#post5058159 I just thought of the other end of the scale.

Not what was the worst thing but what was the thing that didn't live up to expectations?

For me it must have been a steak I had in the "Cafe de Paris" Geneva.

Touted as the home of this style of steak in Butter sauce, well it was overwhelmingly mediocre and a sore disappointment.

I am expecting more arseholes, bellends and lady garden stories but some more originals ones would be good as well.

Moving on from http://www.arrse.co.uk/naafi-bar/19...ever-had-your-mouth-part-2-a.html#post5058159 I just thought of the other end of the scale.

Not what was the worst thing but what was the thing that didn't live up to expectations?

For me it must have been a steak I had in the "Cafe de Paris" Geneva.

Touted as the home of this style of steak in Butter sauce, well it was overwhelmingly mediocre and a sore disappointment.

I am expecting more arseholes, bellends and lady garden stories but some more originals ones would be good as well.
This thread.

Caviar. People only like it because it's expensive and they don't want to admit it's over-priced salty shite.

Pan fried scallops!!! Theres always someone on some cookery show doing them, I tried them found them uninspiring

sent from my padded room in kents finest secure unit
and why "pan fried"? What the fuck else is the average housefrau likely to fry them in?

Alright I know that there are a few on here who would use mess tins for everything but not normal people.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Marriage

She* will turn into a sex hating harpie with a voice like blunt razorblades the minute the wedding dress is packed away?

Wasn't this what you were expecting?

*Sorry about that.
For She read She/he/it/them/those/that or whichever non-gender specific nomenclature that you choose, or don't choose, or something.

That rifle.

But the hype didn't start until 15 years after it was withdrawn from service.

In the Cookhouse when stationed in Bahrein way back when Blighty still had an Army... and Pontius Pilate was the Duty Occiffer....fighting off the bluebottles and other crawly things to see who got to eat the dinner first. If you left your meal unattended to go and fetch a steaming mug of Cookhouse tea, the plate was swarming with f*cking flies....... Yuck!!

Oh yes.... and my personal weapon... the SLR..... best gat out methinks.......

M

Mark The Convict

Mumm's Cordon Rouge. Grossly overpriced cooking vinegar. It'd clean your falsies overnight though.