• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

What did you do in the Great War, Daddy? (BBC4)

Did anyone catch this!?

Gut wrenching to say the least! :cry:

Focuses on the children who lost fathers in the war.

I think this programme should be shown to school children studying as it may strike a chord with many of them?

I've added the iPlayer link if anyone wants to check it out

iPlayer link

Watching now...

*grit in the air*

Dreadful nightmare for those children picking up the pieces of their lives; and in a nation that wasn't allowed to discuss its torment. Men and women of this generation didn't have the language to make sense of their experiences. Forgive my emotion but there will never be closure as this nation was/is led by dullard arrogant bas*ard elite who never acknowledge their abject incompetence. What's changed?

"Mabel didn't know her father was killed until his name was read out in assembly..."

Fooking gutting.

Slightly spoiled by the fictional/re-enactment stuff interspersed throughout (terrible Lee-Enfield recoil acting f'r instance) but mainly a good programme. Losing your dad would be bad enough, but him having been shot for cowardice when he was PTSD-fooked would crush you.

Latest Threads