What did you do for Annual Camp?

#2
Cost of sending 4PARA to the USA £500,000

Cost of utilising US Media Ops £50,000

Cost of failing to register your software and making the whole thing look bonk $69...
 
#4
msr said:
Cost of sending 4PARA to the USA £500,000

Cost of utilising US Media Ops £50,000

Cost of registering your software $69


getting alley pics and video of the blokes jumping.......priceless!!!!!
 
#7
msr said:
Cost of sending 4PARA to the USA £500,000

Cost of utilising US Media Ops £50,000

Cost of failing to register your software and making the whole thing look bonk $69...
Jealous!?

Don't worry, we were worth it!
 

The_Duke

LE
Moderator
#8
Personally, I thought that a day sightseeing around New York followed by a quality night on the lash was not up to much. Would much rather have had a rainy day in Garelochead instead.

Or did you go to Atlantic City? Or was it Philadelphia followed by Point Pleasant Beach?

The agony of choice!
 
#9
The_Duke said:
Personally, I thought that a day sightseeing around New York followed by a quality night on the lash was not up to much. Would much rather have had a rainy day in Garelochead instead.

Or did you go to Atlantic City? Or was it Philadelphia followed by Point Pleasant Beach?

The agony of choice!
It didn't rain there, in fact we had quite a bit of Sun, unlike the south... :wink:
 

The_Duke

LE
Moderator
#12
The Bn organised transport arrangements to NY or Atlantic City.

If you did not want either of those options you were free to hire a car (or Harley in some cases) and do your own thing, as long as you were back for 1st parade.
 
#13
The_Duke said:
The Bn organised transport arrangements to NY or Atlantic City.

If you did not want either of those options you were free to hire a car (or Harley in some cases) and do your own thing, as long as you were back for 1st parade.
Am I too old to transfer at "over 35" and are you going again next year?
 
#14
Nice vid but not entirely sure about the arrse grabbing going on at 1min 31s

or is it just a para thing?
 

The_Duke

LE
Moderator
#15
I am "over 35" - it all depends if you can pass P Coy!

Probably not next year as a large proportion of the Bn will be deployed again, but looking good for the year after. The assets made available by our host unit were great - much better that we would get over here.
 
#16
Toysoldier_1967 said:
Nice vid but not entirely sure about the arrse grabbing going on at 1min 31s

or is it just a para thing?
That's a US thing. We do a hand on the shoulder of the bloke in front to let him know we're ok - this is called 'telling off for equipment check.' The Yanks call it 'sounding off....'
 
#17
Toysoldier_1967 said:
Nice vid but not entirely sure about the arrse grabbing going on at 1min 31s

or is it just a para thing?
Listen right, the MO needed it. he wasnt feeling too happy at the time!

Im not going to explain myself further!!!











(plus its the yank SOP for some strange reason)


Red

(edited cos my grammar is sh*t)
 
#19
The_Duke said:
I am "over 35" - it all depends if you can pass P Coy!

Probably not next year as a large proportion of the Bn will be deployed again, but looking good for the year after. The assets made available by our host unit were great - much better that we would get over here.
Good Question, as I have "over 35" Knees with 20 years worth of work too.

How do the guys get jump qualified these days? Do the newer guys miss out on the jumps? Sorry for all the questions, just like a moth drawn to the light, I find myself being drawn to throwing myself out of an aeroplane 8O . Maybe its an age thing 8)
 

The_Duke

LE
Moderator
#20
The guys get jump qualified the same way they have always done - via the Basic Para Course (TA) at No1 Parachute Training School, RAF Brize Norton.

The number of courses has reduced to 2 per year, but they are still running, with all of the usual weather/aircraft availability considerations.

The jump shown on the video was the second of 3 on camp. The first was a C130, then the CH47 and a C17 Globemaster to finish.

Edited to add - I did P Coy with 18 year old knees/lungs etc. Would not want to consider it now, but it is not unheard of for over 35s to pass.
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top