What did this fall off?

The Thomas bin?

Looks like it's for use by a Cyclops. Rounded forehead piece, yet eyepiece dead centre?!?

It looks like it's straight line, while AFV sights tend to be prismatic.

What does the writing say?
The yellow warning triangle looks like a radiation hazard warning, so I'd guess trilux illumination (once)
The dovetail on the bottom makes it look like a sight for a ground weapon like a towed gun of some description, like a light gun or a WOMBAT, used for the direct fire role.

Is it Russian/WP?

Any chance of seeing the reticule pattern inside the optic, if it has one? It looks perhaps like some sort of military survey or obs kit, rather than a sight

i 'reckon its of Russian origin. i saw a scope in the 'jingly' market at Kandahar the other weekend, that was old and i can onnly describe as reminisent of something you'd look over the top of a 5 in deep trench with!
the scope in the pic you've put up is similar in style/manufacture to the one i saw, albeit a different shape

does it generate the required amount of power on its own to propel the vehicle at the required 88.8 mph then :D ?

Well it has a NSN so that precludes it being Russki.

a little bit more info.....i'm just trying to find out some info about it for a bloke who's getting the one pictured from ebay.

Moller-Wedel ferno Z14 a1 1240-12-167-5537 (i'm aware of Moeller-Wedel are makers of optics!)

not sure if it's the right layout of the NSN but all numbers are there. :wink:

105AVRE said:
a little bit more info.....i'm just trying to find out some info about it for a bloke who's getting the one pictured from ebay.

Moller-Wedel ferno Z14 a1 1240-12-167-5537 (i'm aware of Moeller-Wedel are makers of optics!)

I knew there had been cut backs but fookin ell, I'm sure we used to get our time machines issued. Obviously that was way back in the future.

105AVRE said:

Its German then obviously.

i'm just intrigued to find out what type of vehicle it is off...... :wink: