• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

What did the Nazi's ever do for us?

Reading yesterday about how the Germans created the Olympic Torch relay thingy (thanks Ugly) in 1936,which I was totally unaware of,I then began to wonder about any good things the Nazis did?
Please avoid mentioning the more questionable aspects of their legacy - I'm looking for positive stuff.

"Coal scuttle" helmets. As used by all wannabe imperialists since.

On a related point I never realised that the septics wore the same tin lid as the Brits at the beginning of WW2 until I rewatched Tora Tora Tora recently and saw the GIs running about looking like a load of Tommies.

The realisation that the far left are as bad as the far right

VW beetle

Cool tanks (Panther imo)

High velocity anti-tank guns

Autobahns/motorways

Battle and Commando comics

Jet fighters

"Coal scuttle" helmets. As used by all wannabe imperialists since.

On a related point I never realised that the septics wore the same tin lid as the Brits at the beginning of WW2 until I rewatched Tora Tora Tora recently and saw the GIs running about looking like a load of Tommies.
I tried to make this point to my GCSE History teacher many years ago when GCSEs first came out he refused to believe it, but then he was a PE Teacher really so if you read a page ahead of him in the Letts GCSE History book you could take the class.
Having previously done O Levels when you actually to know stuff it was a bit of a shock to not need to know anything to pass an exam....and standards have dropped since then often leaving me wondering how kids these days even remember to breathe.

Oh and back to the thread...our first steps into space.

Bugger beaten to it

Latest Threads