Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

What dictates what weapon you get issued?

When i join i want the gimpy,i no i will probebly get the crows cannon but how do squaddies get issued minimis/ugls/gimpys/lsw is it a random thing?

britishairborne said:
When i join i want the gimpy,i no i will probebly get the crows cannon but how do squaddies get issued minimis/ugls/gimpys/lsw is it a random thing?

Join the Army and you'll find out.

Edited to add: Lovely user name. If you fail the entrants tests will you call yourself British civilian?

britishairborne said:

Judging by the rest of your posts, you would have got the Charlie G a few years ago.

The Lord Flasheart said:
britishairborne said:

Judging by the rest of your posts, you would have got the Charlie G a few years ago.
Ill have to shrink then.

britishairborne said:
The Lord Flasheart said:
britishairborne said:

Ill have to shrink then.

my troop gave weapons out in tombola raffle styli...if you're lucky, you get to win the radio too

best not risk the fickle hand of fate though - just to be safe always volunteer for the radio and the gimpy

The Lord Flasheart said:
britishairborne said:

The weapon system or the live projectile?

In the chest.

moving-target-survivor said:
britishairborne said:
The Lord Flasheart said:
britishairborne said:

Ill have to shrink then.

my troop gave weapons out in tombola raffle styli...if you're lucky, you get to win the radio too

best not risk the fickle hand of fate though - just to be safe always volunteer for the radio and the gimpy
**** that i dont want a radio,whats a charlie g?

The LSW is ment to go to the most compitant rifle man in the section, due to the higher rate of fire supplied by it, 30 rounds per min normal rate of fire compaired to 10 for the rifle, and 60 rounds per min for rapid compaired to 30 for the rifle.

As for the GPMG god knows ours are all attatched to our Spartans and 43's.

The rest of the weapons in your list for us Engineers are issued on deployment dependant on the role we are doing...

We had minimi out on Telic 5 when i was with Recce Troop in 21.

I always thought it was penis size..... no wander I keep getting the larger stuff all the time they must be onto something and want to make me feel less inadequate!! (Maybe this might be linked into my post somehow... hmm..)

Me!_Amph!! said:
The LSW is ment to go to the most compitant rifle man in the section, due to the higher rate of fire supplied by it, 30 rounds per min normal rate of fire compaired to 10 for the rifle, and 60 rounds per min for rapid compaired to 30 for the rifle.

As for the GPMG god knows ours are all attatched to our Spartans and 43's.

The rest of the weapons in your list for us Engineers are issued on deployment dependant on the role we are doing...

We had minimi out on Telic 5 when i was with Recce Troop in 21.
Ok cheers mate.

britishairborne said:
* that i dont want a radio,whats a charlie g?

Carl_Gustaf._recoilless.rifle.jpg

Usually given to the prick of the section. My guess is you would have carried it for years.

britishairborne said:

I'm guessing, but I reckon you will be issued with a stick. Not a sharp one, just a small stick.