What defines a garage?

Is there an accommodation expert who can help me?

When is a garage a garage or not?

I am lucky enough to live in a hired quarter. I pay my accommodation monthly but my rent is paid centrally. Not a problem but my car is parked off road in a brick built shelter that has no doors or windows. So is fully exposed to the weather and thieves.

Does this structure qualify within the regulations as a garage?

Can anybody please give me an answer with the reference to go from?

Thanks

old_bloke said:
Is there an accommodation expert who can help me?

When is a garage a garage or not?

I am lucky enough to live in a hired quarter. I pay my accommodation monthly but my rent is paid centrally. Not a problem but my car is parked off road in a brick built shelter that has no doors or windows. So is fully exposed to the weather and thieves.

Does this structure qualify within the regulations as a garage?

Can anybody please give me an answer with the reference to go from?

Thanks
I think it goes on if it's physically attached to where you live and you have sole access, you have to pay. If others can park there - then not. If it's not attached to where you live - just hand it back. I think somewhere in the Stats pamphlets, there is a defintion of a garage.

Sounds like you have a car port - the good news is that it shouldn't cost as much a day as a garage.

As long as the rain is falling vertically then your car should stay dry as well - A winning situation all round :lol:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
thecoops The NAAFI Bar 180
oldmuso The NAAFI Bar 17
Outstanding Staff College and Staff Officers 33