What country is the main threat to the UK?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Oct 4, 2006.

?
  1. Russia

2.5%
  2. Iran

10.0%
  3. N.Korea

1.7%
  4. China

6.7%
  5. USA

20.0%
  6. The UK (its politicians)

50.0%
  7. Another country (comment)

7.5%
  8. The UK has not enemies

1.7%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Our friend Nehustan on another thread reffered to this article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/5403074.stm

Do you agree with mr.Fox?

2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Insofar as the UK's (and the rest of Europe's) future energy supplies are tied up in both countries, and that one is a nuclear power and the other has aspirations so to be.

I don't see the Red Army waltzing across the Fulda Gap anytime soon.

Iran on the other hand is a different kettle of fish. They have aspirations to be a regional, if not world, power. They are led by men who do not see the world as we do. They arrived late at the nuclear power ball, and look as if they'll throw their teddy in the corner if we don't let them join the dance. Still, they aren't the DPRK - now there's a scary nation.

3. Scotland . . . . . the enemy within. Or at least their barmy political class.

4. America because they always screw us over one way or another!

5. Yorkshire!

6. Vanuatu,
    the god dam Presbyterian Melanesian Nitwits!

And I hear that Kazakhstan has been flexing her muscles lately.

7. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Seconded. I move to pass the motion...

8. Stella Artois- known as "wife beater" to my Police officer acquaintances. It's the devils brew.

9. Vatican state - lets hope the Pope stops upsetting all the Mad Mullahs !!!!!!!

10. Our Govt.

11. The Swiss. They sit in their mountain bunkers, armed to the teeth, waiting to be mobilised.

They're up to something, mark my words...

12. Interesting that most seem to rate our own penny pinching government as our biggest threat...

TB

13. There is no 'country' that is a direct threat, presently.

We're at war with regions or clearer still, ideologies. When those competing ideologies no longer found succour within nation states they are left to mount irregular attacks. (Notice I didn't mention the M word).

If we don't want the US as an ally God help us and attacks on the US are foolish at best and give support to those nations who harbour petty jealousies. Nevertheless, they're a dangerous ally when you've Rumsfeld shaping defence policy, a man who is unable to take advice, is non-strategic, and has dragged us into conflict by shambolic planning.

Colin Powell for President!!!!

14. How about the future United States of Europe?

15. Portsmouth! I fcuking hate pikeys..