What company ?

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by BABEL, Jun 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm just about to start my phase one training to join the REME as a VM, and was just wondering what is the most combat orientated role or company I should attempt to get posted with when I get to regiment ?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  2. If you wanted a combat oriented role then why join the REME?
  3. All VM's are action men (often not working properly, moving eyes and realistic hair) and as such go out on regular fighting patrols, recon missions and whatnot, so it won't matter what unit you get posted to.

On arrival at workshops, go to G10 stores and demand one of these.

You'll be fine.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

He's got a point. VMs are not best employed under contact, so if you want infantry stuff then you might think again. A great trade and there are some exciting opportunities out there for all capbadges, but definitely not your best route to death and glory.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Always the same story.

Lads join the army wanting to eat their bayonets and piss razor darts but either get encouraged to go into a trade cap badge or have the foresight to see that having a trade at the other side would be wise.

If the army wanted to improve retention but maintain the fresh turn over of boots in the infantry it would make it easier then encourage lads with 2 years plus in the infantry to sign on for a fresh 4 year engagement in a corps.

That way the infantry retains the lads who were going to leave anyway so no silly amounts of money wasted on giving them a trade and the corps get people willing to dedicate a bit of time to the army.

Here Endeth my good idea.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  6. Good idea