What "Combat" computer games do you play

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by PartTimePongo, Jun 9, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know it's a bit busmans holiday, but do any of you play any Combat simulators? If so, what's your favourite and why?
    Mine....

1. Rogue Spear
    2. Op Flashpoint
    3. Medal of Honour

Who knows, if enough people have these, maybe we can organise a session?  :)

2. Delta Force 2, Land Warrior and Red Alert get my vote.:D

DF2 ... good especially if you like Sniping, Camouflage is better.

Land Warrior - graphics and game play better especially if you like charging about causing mayhem.

Red Alert - Chess in a warfare way great to play online.

For golden oldies, Doom is still hard to beat Although Dule Nukem is of course much funnier.."I'm gonna rip of your head and Sh*t down your neck" etc etc

But currently DF2 if you fancy a game I play in Fight Club usually

3. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Unreal Tournament - its the cat's ass!  Last man standing rules.... This is normally not me as I am something of an imbecile and have great difficulty understanding the complex rules.

4. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

GoodCO - u funny guy, I kill u last.  

Actually its more like all the time - no matter what game we play.

5. hidden and dangerous is a few years old, but pretty good.

if you can be arsed to program all your blokes, you can do pretty good fire and manouver (sad sad man!)

6. Not sad at all........

Just got off a session of MOHAA, and after much shouting and getting heated trying to stop members of my team going for a posthumous gong, it all went pretty well, and they seemed to enjoy it. If any of you have played these multi-player games, doesn't it frustrate u sometimes, when there seems to be no cohesion and tactics ?

7. Not sad at all........

Just got off a session of MOHAA, and after much shouting and getting heated trying to stop members of my team going for a posthumous gong, it all went pretty well, and they seemed to enjoy it. If any of you have played these multi-player games, doesn't it frustrate u sometimes, when there seems to be no cohesion and tactics ?

8. I'll play MOHAA, Op Flashpoint, Renegade, C&CII, Red Faction, Soldier of Fortune II, Ghost Recon, AvP II, Quake III, RtCW and Snake for the Nokia phone.. :D

9. Forgot Ghost recon......
    Toss up between that and Flashpoint for realism, except the little computer squaddies don't say "You're having a f****** laugh" when I launch them into an uphill assault -lol

10. I only really play SWAT3: CQB now, having crashed unreal tournament and not having the disk to reinstall it, getting tired of half a pixel per inch resolution on delta force 1+2 because it doensn't like my graphics card, forgetting the controls to all my flight sims and after looking at the manuals deciding I can't be bothered learning them again, got bored of the command and conquer series, got bored of rogue spear, deciding I hate sudden strike with a passion after two minutes of playing it, and having tired of killing my patients in theme hospital. I love my computer :D.

11. What about the Day Of Defeat mod for Counterstrike, thats generally fun, especialy multiplayer on-line.

12. Never heard of it, but will download it.........

(Good old Kaaza)  ;D .Now some of you must have a couple of spare moments for a pixelated punchup

Regulars v TA anyone? Name the time and place......

13. Davros - that's a pretty impressive list.  

Isn't there a game designed by Andy McNab (based on one of his books?).  Not sure what it is called.

14. Yep, being put together by the Scouse Chancers up at Rage software

errrrrrr I don't think the main thrust, will be realism - lol
    (Bit like the Bravo 20 patrol report allegedly)

15. Hey - don't knock McNab - he writes great fiction.  Guaranteed expletive on every page.