What Color Is Yours

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Cyclic, Dec 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I understand under UK law toy guns/airsoft and the likes have to be orange or a non conventional color for guns ( feckin mad isnt it?) So why then do British police have yellow furnished 870 Remington`s ?

Is it so civvys think the cops are only using toys or what?
  2. God you post some ******* drivel.
  3. Pot calling....
  4. What UK police units have these? Any links? Pics etc? Any point to this? :)
  5. Could be for a number of reasons:
    1) It's a weapon designed for less lethal systems (Taser X-rep or impact rounds) and has some kind of feature that prevents live rounds being loaded or struck.
    2) They want it to be obvious that they are carrying - a visual deterrent that stands out against most backgrounds
    3) They don't want to lose it.
  6. I seen police carrying one during the Raul Mote incident .
  7. I think you will find that if you are a registered Airsofter in a registered club, you do not need to have a coloured weapon.

I regularly shoot on a range shared with the local Police all use standard coloured weapons.
  8. Was a TASER type. (Not yet officially taken into service but, IIRC, offered by a company to the force as it might be useful.) Try reading newspapers or watching news every now and then. It might stop you posting bone threads.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Correctamundo - If not registered you could still purchase the same models but in horrendously bright colours.
  10. Cops here have them. I think they're for firing those beanbag rounds. I think they're coloured differently to stop plod from accidentally loading normal rounds in them.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. As if I am really going to tell everyone what colour mine is. Next thing you know ****** will be walting as a REME Tech. 2nd on the balcony is for poofs. Last standing in the bar is where it's at.

Sent from my Desire HD
  12. Where was he carrying it? In his eye?
  13. No, but I believe he removed one of his own eyes with his shotgun (Allegedly). The ******* steroid abusing thunderpuff.
  14. As said before it was a LTL weapon. However, should I ever choose to go off the rails and brass up a city centre I will just duracoat my weapon of death orange so i can proceed unmolested.
  15. Matthew 7;5 - Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.