What clasp/buckle.

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by LCPL_Bull, Mar 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been issued my full set of No.2 dress, as i have just been appointed as Lord Lt. Cadet, however what clasp is worn with the white textile belt, it is the silver plate with mercian eagle or the gilt locket(identical to stable belt)
    I have been given the silver plate with the mercian eagle on green backing because apparently the gilt locket is not to be worn ( i personally think it looks a lot smarter by most means). A picture of the belt i've been issued is attached.

Attached Files:

2. Forgot to mention, apparently this is what was worn during the amalgamation on sept 1st. the reason for not being able to wear the gilt locket is unbeknown to me any ideas?

3. I've already been through them it says nothing about the buckle, just says "with regimental belt clasp" however technically both clasps are regimental aren't they? so which ones the right one?

4. No, fairs fair. I do.

Err, no, wait...

5. Ask the cadet RSM. Ha.

6. :D

I should think it is the one you've got with the White Corlene belt even though the other would look better.

I know f ck all about it though... :(

7. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

It 's convention to wear silver with the white belt and gold with the green belt.

Reason being that silver colour in days gone by would have been proper silver and the gold colour would have been brass. With silver being more expensive then it's for best only. Gold colour being brass is cheaper for daily wear along with a green/dark colour working belt.

8. the reason the lockett was not worn on the amalgamation is because the lockett had not been procured so the old style buckle was used.but now the only buckle you should use is the new lockett.

9. Just wear this belt, you'll need it.

[​IMG]