What civvie job after the Int Corps

#1
Yes.........I know that I'm not "one of you lot"....but I like you anyway!

Just thought I would ask if there is any chosen commercial sector that folk lean towards when leaving the Army, having served in the Int Corps?

One tends to imagine that you all go either Box, SIS or to one of the many companies that gathers and processes "Civvy int"

Interested to hear your thoughts, especially those still serving - what do you want to do when you leave?

Jim ;)
 
#2
Horoscopes?
 
#4
Explain?
 

cpunk

LE
Moderator
#5
Official figures:

MI6 'Double O' section - 53%

SPECTRE - 6%

Internet Pornography - 11%

Rodent control - 4%

Catwalk modelling - 7%

Accountancy - 31%
 
#6
"Remote Viewing"

Something the CIA attempted back in the Cold War... They signed up a load of so-called "Psychics", showed them imagery of various facilities in the USSR and asked them to "project" their minds into said establishments... Apparently, the Sovs had something similar on the go. It's all a bit (or a lot!!!) "Fortean Times"!

And yes, these fruitcakes did/do exist! I was presenting at a UN Seminar in Geneva last summer, Arms Control stuff... In the coffeee break, a couple of us were approached by a very strange Californian lady(ish) who claimed that she'd been recruited into the "programme" and still had connections with the CIA - at which we all sidled away!

Mind you, if it is true then imagine the possibilities!!! Phwarrr!
 
#7
jim4244 said:
Yes.........I know that I'm not "one of you lot"....but I like you anyway!

Just thought I would ask if there is any chosen commercial sector that folk lean towards when leaving the Army, having served in the Int Corps?

One tends to imagine that you all go either Box, SIS or to one of the many companies that gathers and processes "Civvy int"

Interested to hear your thoughts, especially those still serving - what do you want to do when you leave?

Jim ;)
Something another high profile member of the Corps has asked themself recently.
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#8
cpunk said:
Official figures:

MI6 'Double O' section - 53%

SPECTRE - 6%

Internet Pornography - 11%

Rodent control - 4%

Catwalk modelling - 7%

Accountancy - 31%
Internet Pornography? Is that buying, selling or starring in?
 
#9
cpunk said:
Official figures:

MI6 'Double O' section - 53%

SPECTRE - 6%

Internet Pornography - 11%

Rodent control - 4%

Catwalk modelling - 7%

Accountancy - 31%
That adds up to 112%! Is maths not part of the entry requirments to the Int Corps?

;)
 
#10
Cpunk went into advanced mathematics.

I received a notice from ICA the other day which was offering one of those positions sort of 'next' to the army; "NRPS". God help me, I actually considered it, but after waking from a sweating nightmare that night, took a small medicinal and relaxed back into my contractorial lifestyle.
 
#11
You bright boys should have no problems, since leaving my beloved Chieftain after 22 years I have been a

HR Manager
IT Manager
and am now looking after Procurment

anyone interested in working for a pitance but in a nice part of the uk tryjob

SMT post for a Facilities Manager coming up soon.
 
#12
elovabloke, 'Goods Inwards and Deliveries Administrator' is code for 'barrier lifter with clipboard skills'. It's a reserved postion for former crabs.
 
#13
Whiskybreath said:
elovabloke, 'Goods Inwards and Deliveries Administrator' is code for 'barrier lifter with clipboard skills'. It's a reserved postion for former crabs.
Nope - you can sit in a nice cosy office with me drink tea and take the piss out of the academic staff who are a bit like ruperts but with even less common sence.
 
#15
Ah, I could handle that. I'd rather oversee and coordinate administrative and secretarial duties at your Bude facility, though. Depending on their tea-making abillities, of course.
 
#16
Whiskybreath said:
Ah, I could handle that. I'd rather oversee and coordinate administrative and secretarial duties at your Bude facility, though. Depending on their tea-making abillities, of course.
Very close to a nice golf course but you can never tell what the Cornish will put in your tea (unless your Cornish), a bit like the loader really. :roll:
 
#19
I am thinking of going into the private sector as a plastic fly assembler or a monkey mask elastic attacher. Or I could patent my designs for giraffe skin lampost covers, or tomato skin jeans. I have an idea to manufacture bumble bee skin jackets, however the fur lobby may disapprove.
 
#20
Whiskybreath said:
Cpunk went into advanced mathematics.

I received a notice from ICA the other day which was offering one of those positions sort of 'next' to the army; "NRPS". God help me, I actually considered it, but after waking from a sweating nightmare that night, took a small medicinal and relaxed back into my contractorial lifestyle.
Surely your civvy jobs earn more than the paltry salary on offer for the NRPS job?

Not to mention the workload they'd dump on you. I reckon you'd be standing in for the Sect WO when they are deployed to Iraq / Afghanistan!
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top