What Casual Clothes Do You Wear?

Discussion in 'Waltenkommando' started by Cyclic, Jan 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have the misfortune to occasionally have to socialize with someone who I`m thinking may be a walt , he`s in his late 50`s ,constantly going on about how many kills he had in the Falklands and GW1 and other heroic tales , what makes me more suspicious is that he wears an issue woollie pullie /Soldier 95 jacket and the latest Lowa combat boots , what do you wear for casual / going the pub? Most ex guys I know dress as far away from issue clothes as possible.
  2. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Latex underpants, a Platex 18 hour girdle and a green cap comforter.
    • Like Like x 1

3. I said casual not work wear.
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Ive got a pair of battered old dessie boots, faded jeans, a north face puffa jacket and a strip of black nasty that goes across my eyes. I tend to sit in the corner supping a pint of guinness and keeping to myself.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jeans Tee shirt and dessie type boots.

Leather or lace for the underwear if you must know.
  6. gimp mask, nipple tassles and an oversized badger sporran to keep my lippy and fags in
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Damn , no one is reading my post correctly ,I said casual not work wear.
  8. TurtleHead

TurtleHead Old-Salt Book Reviewer

I wear an old regimental blazer with my medals going back to the falklands and every conflict up until present day, a pith helmet, mess trousers a pair of silver shadows and a pace stick with notches cut into it that denotes the ammount of kills i have had.
    but thats just for casual so no calling me a tramp
  9. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I work with an ex bootneck, in the four years I've known him I've only ever seen him in desert boots, builder's trousers and various tour T shirts. At the work Christmas do, he wears a suit with a corps tie.

I have to admit that I have been known to don a Royal Navy submarine jumper on occasion and I once used my overalls while painting. Actually come to think of it, I also wear my issue Timberland deck shoes quite a bit and I've even gone out of my way to privately purchase a new pair.

Yeah I look cool.
  10. a thousand apologies, I'm allowed to unzip the gimp mask at weekends and sometimes swap the sporran for a rather jazzy bum-bag if that counts?
  11. Sounds very dapper to me.
  12. I'm calling you on that one, Royal never sports any sort of rig if at all possible its dirty fucking pikey pongo drills
  13. Pink PVC rat's-head cod-piece, old school tie and a gas mask for smart-casual wear.
  14. What's a pub?
  15. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Gen dit, eyebrows shipmate, he is legit, just an uber chad beefer of epic proportions.

He's actually a really nice bloke, he just has proper gash clothes.