what cap badge

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by kiwiblack, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im currently TA and looking to join the regs next year, biggest problem im having is knowing what to go in as, im doing sigs at the mo but i want to move away from that. Want something a bit more combat involved but not front line, any ideas?

2. Gunner?

3. go in the elite m8....join the paras .... get a bit of combat there m8 and thats wat im going 4...good luck

4. hardly the best advice m8, he said not frontline...paras are FRONTLINE if not BEHIND ENEMY LINES (at least thats the original idea) however 7para? RHA..good choice

5. nah still want to do a trade job, but with loads of green stuff thrown in, (if such a job exists?)

Paras would be good for location considering i live near colchester but got doubts about my fitness. i could get my 1.5mile below 9.30 easily as currently doing 9.43s, but still think the paras are too hard bastards for me

6. Sapper?

7. Stay as you are but go 216/18 Sigs?

8. If you still want to keep your trade; thought about the engineers? Ask at your ACIO about which role gets more combat action as i'm not sure.

Or you could stay in the sigs but join a commando/para/sf squadron? Not sure which they are but I know they exist.

9. become a chef.....after eating your grub im sure there will be plenty of combat coming your way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.