What can you do with your old kit?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by leehunt, Mar 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A couple of my mates have set up a web site called kit4x.com. It is aimed at exservice leavers who have kit to sell. They also support charities such as ABF, RNBT and the RAFBF. It has only just gone live, they asked me to post somehting on ARRSE, so here it is. Worth a look, if nothing else.

2. Looks like a good idea and the donation to Service charities, (ABF etc), is a plus.

3. Check out all the other postings........other people PAY for their advertising mate

4. Blah, blah, blah. At least have the decency to point out that this is in fact your own company. And don't take us for kunts.

5. Its not my own company but I do know who owns it and I thought it was a good idea so I have used it. Not sure what you have got against that as other than ebay I don't know of any other option.

6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Other than the fact that you lied about having "found" it?

7. So you joined ARRSE just so you could share this wonderful discovery with us? , how jolly kind of you!!!

DO hope the commission is worth making yourself look a total knob

8. Getting too trusting in me old age lads... Thought he had genuinely "found" it. :roll:

What a lying tw@t!

9. LOL - Oh dear! Let me first say that I am not involved/linked/a beneficiary of kit4x in any way shape or form. However, I do know the guys that have set it up (we live in the same area) and the charity links are genuine - as is the actual site!!

10. It might be a matter of courtesy to ask the Arrse site owners, Good CO and Bad CO, if they minded you pushing Kit4x first

11. Looks like Colin1968, the principal (In fact the only)vendor currently on kit4x.com, must have had a large suitcase when he got SNLR'd/PVR'd or simply retired.

And no, I'm not suggesting its all nicked. If it was, you would be selling it on ebay.

Ive also noticed that the security q on the "Contact" page is a maths question. (Currently 15 +27)

Systems f*cked then. Unless anyone on here knows someone who knows what the answer is.

Definitely be interested to hear what the proprietor of this kit4x has to say about the free advertising blag, or his donation to charity in lieu, etc.

Having thought about it, he's probably laughing kitbags at us getting all bent out of shape etc.

12. If it's not your own company, why come I found this? :roll:

(I've x'd out all your contact details for you....)

Administrative Contact:
    Hunt, Lee xxx@xxx.com
    xx, xxx Business and Innovation Centre, xxx Farm xxx
    xxx, xxx xxxx
    GB
    +44.xxxxxxxx86

13. I have asked one of the guys who is actually running the site to come on and do a bit of damage limitation here. From what I understand from a very brief texting conversation the idea of announcing the site on arrse was discussed as an idea and there was going to be some sort of formal approach. Lee pre-empted this, with no real ill intent to con anyone. Hopefully someone will clarify in the near future!

14. Did you have to register to find that info? For the sake of investigation or were you on the lookout for a natty blue jump?

15. No, all the information is obtainable free of charge if you know where to look and doesn't require any techie knowledge whatsoever.