What can I get for £500

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by REMEbrat, Jan 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After 3 years of sterling service we have finally decided to replace our PC but with so many places now stocking computers we are a bit unsure of were to go to get what we want.

We're after a 3(+)GHz processor (possibly dual core?) with 1024 Mb RAM, and a 160 Gb hard disk that will be used mainly for internet but also some gaming all for less the £500.

Can anybody recommend any good shops in Wiltshire/Hampshire to try or even any good internet companies that we'll get the best deal?

Cheers, REMEbrat

2. Look on ebay - many small dealers advertise on there and you can also contact them and get a purpose one built

3. Try the Dell Outlet store, you can easily get a decent dual-core pc with 2Gb ram, 250Gb hard drive and a half decent 256Mb graphics card for well under your £500 limit.

Just a taster - CLICKY!

4. msr

msr LE

5. Why don't you just upgrade the components of your PC. Keep the case, HDD etc and just get a new Mother board,CPU, graphics card and RAM it might work out cheaper.

6. Cheers guys, been on to Dell and will be ordering computer tomorrow, much better than I originally asked for at £300.

Nice!

7. Have a look at wwwDabs.co.uk and and get a Quad Core!!!

8. I always used to trust www.meshcomputers.com as I've had about three or four computers from them in the past. They've always performed well, the components were usually of a reasonable quality and they used to be easy to upgrade.