What can I get for £500

After 3 years of sterling service we have finally decided to replace our PC but with so many places now stocking computers we are a bit unsure of were to go to get what we want.

We're after a 3(+)GHz processor (possibly dual core?) with 1024 Mb RAM, and a 160 Gb hard disk that will be used mainly for internet but also some gaming all for less the £500.

Can anybody recommend any good shops in Wiltshire/Hampshire to try or even any good internet companies that we'll get the best deal?

Cheers, REMEbrat

Look on ebay - many small dealers advertise on there and you can also contact them and get a purpose one built

Try the Dell Outlet store, you can easily get a decent dual-core pc with 2Gb ram, 250Gb hard drive and a half decent 256Mb graphics card for well under your £500 limit.

Just a taster - CLICKY!

Why don't you just upgrade the components of your PC. Keep the case, HDD etc and just get a new Mother board,CPU, graphics card and RAM it might work out cheaper.

Cheers guys, been on to Dell and will be ordering computer tomorrow, much better than I originally asked for at £300.

Nice!

I always used to trust www.meshcomputers.com as I've had about three or four computers from them in the past. They've always performed well, the components were usually of a reasonable quality and they used to be easy to upgrade.